Chapter 42

~Jiyeon~

I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me.

"Where did you go?" Hoseok asked me, drying his hair with a towel. It seems like he'd just got out of the shower.

"I went to give something to Namjoon," I replied.

After we finished eating, we came back home because Hoseok was really tired. Well, he insisted that he wasn't but I could tell he was tired. So, I forced him to come home and he had no other choice but to agree.

"Namjoon? Why?" Hoseok had his back towards me, looking at his reflection as he continues to dry his hair.

"He hasn't been eating," I said, sitting on the end of the bed, watching him.

Hoseok stopped what he was doing and looked over his shoulder at me before turning back to face the mirror.

"Don't spend too much time worrying about another man."

I snorted, "What, are you jealous?"

Hoseok laughed but didn't say anything.

I fell back on the bed, spreading out my arms, closing my eyes. I debated texting Jihye but then again, I feel like it wasn't my place to do so. It's hard because every time I see Namjoon zoning out and his eyes distant, I can't help but worry about him and wonder if Jihye is okay.

I felt movements and opened my eyes to see Hoseok sitting beside me. He placed his hand on the mattress and leaned towards me.

"Hmm," his eyes narrowed, "you're worrying about Namjoon and that girl, right?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"You got to let them deal with it themselves," Hoseok told me, "if it's a bad past like Namjoon said then we can't say or do anything unless he asks us to. That is the same with your friend too. You never know, you could be reopening a nightmare or past wounds."

I sighed. "I know."

Hoseok smiled, his eyes warming as they took me in. "We'll be here for Namjoon. When he's ready to talk, we'll be here."

I reached up and wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him down in attempt to kiss him but then my phone vibrated with a text.

I turned over, crawled over to get my phone on the bedside table before lying on my stomach. I was surprised to see that Jihye texted.

Hoseok rest his chin on my shoulder, his front to my back. "Hmm?"

I opened the text.

Hey Jiyeon.

Is it okay if you don't give my number to Namjoon or tell him things that we've talked about? I know you're probably close to him but if you can, please don't tell him anything about me.

P.S. I'm happy things worked out for you and Hoseok. Always be happy.

"Oops," I muttered. I gave Namjoon her number a few minutes ago and I've told him about her situation a few hours ago too. Probably shouldn't tell Jihye that.

Hoseok buried his face into me, laughing softly. "You didn't."

"I did," I muttered.

Hoseok pulled back and I looked over my shoulder to see his eyes sparkling with laughter and warmth. He was so totally amused.

"Oh well," he said, still smiling. "I want to see Namjoon happy too."

I feel the same way.

"I want you to be happy," I said.

"If you're here, I will always be happy," Hoseok murmured, running his fingers through my hair, making me tilt my head back slightly, eyes closed. I felt his lips at my neck, roaming there.

"I love you," I whispered, opening my eyes and meeting Hoseok's hot gaze.

"I know," he replied, softly.

"You do?" I asked, surprised.

Hoseok's lips curled into a smile, "I feel it when I'm in you."

I tried to glare but failed. "S-stop it!"

Hoseok wrapped his arms around me pulled me against him, "Let me show you then since you don't believe me."

"That's fine!" I said, loudly, "I don't need you to prove it to me!"

Hoseok grinned before burying his face into my neck. We stayed like this for a long while, just talking and laughing about the memories we've made up until now. We talked about our past, present and future too.

With Hoseok in my life, I know that the bad days will be easier to conquer as long as I have him here. I never thought I'd end up with someone as perfect as Hoseok but here I am, lying in bed with his arms around me, reminding me that I really did end up with him. I now know that this love is real and that it's all mine. He's all mine. Just like I am his. Now and forever.