Chapter 18

~Jiyeon~

"Hoseok?" I murmured, sleepily.

"Hey," he said softly.

I rubbed my eyes and said, "Where are we going?"

"Home."

"Did you finish already?"

He nodded, eyes on the road. "I'll be leaving early tomorrow though."

"Can I come with you too?" I blinked a few times to focus my eyes at him but it was hard since I was so tired.

Hoseok shot me a smile and looked back on the road, "You better rest. There's a really good chance I won't be done until really late again."

"Mm." I passed out as soon as I mumbled that.

***

Hoseok's been really busy since we got back. In order for him to focus, I decided to stay home and only went to visit him a few times. Aside from that, I hardly saw him or talked with him but there were times when he'd ring or text me but that's it.

The day came sooner than I'd thought. Hoseok was set to leave and although I wanted to leave with him, I couldn't.

I sat on the stool and watched as Hoseok finished buttoning the second button of his shirt and pushed the sleeve up to his elbow. When that was done, Hoseok then walked over towards me. I watched him, smiling and trying to hide how depress I was that I won't see him during his birthday.

Hoseok stepped in front of me and ruffled my hair affectionately as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"I'll come back the minute we're done," he murmured, resting his chin on the top of my head and I nodded. He pulled back and glanced down at me. I saw the sadness in his eyes as he said, "I'm sorry for leaving you so soon."

I shook my head, "Don't. I understand." It sucked but I did.

Hoseok looked at me apologetically before tipping my chin up and brushing his lips against mine. "See you soon."

I nodded, "Have a safe flight."

His eyes warmed, "Yeah."

I walked him towards the door and then said, "Have fun with the concert."

Hoseok smiled, "We always do."

"I'll—be watching too," I mumbled.

Hoseok grinned, "Good."

***

~Jungkook~

"I heard Jiyeon was upset," Jungkook said, walking towards the members after he locked the door behind him. Hoseok was asleep in his hotel room so the members decided to crash Jungkook's room without him. Jungkook saw that they were lying all over his bed and frowned.

"Hoseok is too," Yoongi told him, "His mind wasn't even on our work."

"The guy's in love," Namjoon said, shaking his head, smiling, "We can't blame him."

Seokjin sat up in Jungkook's bed, "Did any of you end up getting anything for Hoseok's birthday?"

"What kind of a question is that?" Jungkook scoffed. "I did."

Taehyung sat up in bed and leaned against Seokjin, linking his arms with Seokjin's, "I did too."

"We all did," Jimin smirked. "Hyung, did you forget?"

Seokjin rolled his eyes, "How could I?"

"Then why are you asking?" Namjoon asked, eyes narrowing.

"Why don't we fly Jiyeon over here?"

The room was filled with silence.

"For real?" Yoongi asked, breaking the silence, eyes wide.

"Would I joke about something like this?"

All the members looked at each other for a very long time before Namjoon smirked, "Let's have Jiyeon here as a gift to Hoseok then."

"Who's paying?" Jungkook asked. At that question, all the members shift forward with their hands out, ready to play scissor, paper, rock.

~Jiyeon~

I wipe the sweat from the side of my head and blew out a sigh. I'd just finished doing the laundry and hanging them up after vacuuming and cleaning the rooms and lounge. At the sound of my phone ringing, I rushed towards the kitchen bench, happy that it might be Hoseok.

"Hello?"

"Noona?" came Jungkook's voice.

It wasn't Hoseok but still, I smiled, "Did you need something?"

I could hear the members talking in the background and I strained to listen to see if I can pick up Hoseok's voice. I couldn't though and felt a little disappointed.

"I lost."

"You lost what?"

"The members and I were playing a game and I lost."

I smiled, confused on why he was telling me this. Was he complaining or something? Or were they bullying him again?

"That's not good," I grinned.

Jungkook scoffed, "I bet they all planned it. Anyways, I need you to pack."

"Pack?"

"Yeah, one of our staff members will be accompanying you here."

"Wait, what?"

"Hurry it up, Jungkook," I heard Jimin called out to him. "We need to go to rehearsals!"

"We wanted to surprise Hoseok hyung," Jungkook explained. "So, if you don't have anything plan then it'll be good if you come. Don't worry about the payments and all. I lost the game so I'll be paying for you."

"You really don't—"

Jungkook cut me off and hurriedly said, "No, it's our gift to Hoseok so we have to pay. Anyways, the staff member said she'll be there in two hours. Your flight is less than five hours so pack now."

"But Jungkook—"

"I need to go now," Jungkook cut me off again, "I'll text you the details but don't mention anything to Hoseok hyung, okay? It's a surprise."

Before I could even say anything, Jungkook hung up on me and I looked at my phone in disbelief. I had decided to stay away and let Hoseok work but now they were asking me to go to him?

I have to admit; I was keen on seeing him again but a part of me was afraid that Hoseok might find it annoying. I've seen how serious he is when he works and I don't want to be the reason he's annoyed and stressed.

I waited until I got the details from Jungkook before getting up and packing. Maybe I could be there and not be a distraction or something.