Why You? (Stop Smiling, Idiot)

KILLUA

     I have no idea on how to deal with this. If this is the person I have to be with, then why do I feel so sad? He's cute, I'll admit that, but I never thought that I'd be stuck with someone for the rest of my life at 17.

     "Are you okay? This is really sudden. I'm sorry... Is this how everyone reacts when they find out?" The boy made his way back into my reality and all I could do was smile.

     "You're such a jerk. Well, I guess I HAVE to get to know you now. So, what's your name?" Remembering that I didn't even bother to ask for his name until now made me feel a little uneasy about where our relationship was headed.

     "I'm Gon Freecss!" He smiled proudly whilst saying that and his radiating smile made it so tempting to smile again.

     "Killua. Killua Zoldyck. Fancy finding you-- my soulmate here." I reached out my hand for a tender handshake and he accepted it, shaking it twice and then releasing his sweaty grip off of mine.

     "You're super fucking hot." My intention was to tell him that his hand was hot but I soon realized my mistake too late into the game.

     He blushed and looked down, tapping the tip of his shoe behind his other leg with his hands folded behind his back.

     "You misunderstood! That- I. NO! That's nowhere near what I meant!" I urgently tried to explain to him why I wasn't a slut and that goofy grin just crept onto his face once again.

     "Okay! I get it, Killua. Just be quiet for a second and calm down. You're so edgy." His laughter was audible in the way he said my name. If was very annoying how calm he could be during an awkward situation like this.

      The bell for the elevator rung and I did my usual 'I hate everyone' walk out of the elevator, my hands resting in my hoodie's front pocket. I heard Gon gasp and then run out of the elevator, eventually catching up to me.

      "I almost got taken up to another floor again. Gosh, I'm such a klutz." He scratched the back of his head and smiled. When does this boy stop smiling?

     "Do you intend to go back with Kurapika, or are you going to continue stalking me?"

     He laughed before replying, "I think I'll stalk you for a bit. You're more interesting than the other people I've met here. Actually, your whole group is more interesting than this school. You guys bring more vibrancy into the school." Gon's rambling was all that was audible while heading to where I wanted to go. 

     After Gon jabbed on and on for a couple minutes I finally interrupted him and asked a question that had been on my mind since the second I saw him. "Where are you from? You're obviously not from around here, Chatty Cathy."

     "Observation skills are a 100 for you. Yeah, I'm not from here. I'm from an island. Whale Island to be exact." His sad tone was overtaking his usual happy mood.

     "Hey, if you don't want to talk about it right now that's fine. I just wanted to know." I let him know that since I was stuck with him, I was here for him too in my own peculiar way.

    He shook his head and smiled AGAIN. "Thanks. I'll tell you later. I just got here and I want to settle down before I tell everyone here my life story. Speaking of settling down, are we going anywhere important, or do you mind if I take you to my dorm so I can unpack?" He asked while gesturing to a car in the parking lot I had figured was his car.

    I stared down at my feet and realized that by muscle memory I was taking us to my hiding spot in the dirt hill on campus. "Oh! Yeah! I don't need to do anything, I just naturally walk away to go to a spot I enjoy being at when I'm pissed off at someone."

     "You were pissed off at me?" 

     "Who wouldn't be, Mr. Casual."

     "True. Right! Let's go then."

     He lead me to his car and he unlocked it. He grabbed two green suitcases and closed the trunk door, locking it and gesturing me to follow him. I followed him all the way up to his and Kurapika's dorm room and mentally cursed at myself.

     Their dorm is so much nicer than ours. I bet it's because Leorio can't clean worth a damn. Damnit, he's such an idiot. I think I'm jealous. "Killua?.."

     I jerked my head over in the direction of the voice. "Huh, yeah?"

     "You mumble to yourself a lot. You're the actually Chatty Cathy here." He smiled and then I smiled.

     "Fuck..." I mumbled not noting that I did.

     "What?" Gon groaned. He picked up his suit case and laid it onto the bed, zipping it open and digging out all of his belongings.

     "You smile so much. My edgy personality can't take that. It's too warm for my evil heart." I clenched the cloth that laid over my heart and pretended I was dying.

     "You... You... You edge to much!" His pointed finger at me was challenging and I got mad.

     "Get that thing out of my face," I shoved his finger out of my face and continued, "What do you mean, I 'edge' too much?"

     He pointed a sock at me and sassily said, "That! That right there!"

     I snatched the sock from his grip and threw it. His looked like he was trying to have an angry face but he just looked like a stuffed animal holding a spoon threatening to kill me. 

     "Cute."

     "Who?"

     "You,"

     "Me?"

     "Yeah, you."

     "Thanks."

     I fake gagged and he grabbed a random red hoodie and slapped me with it. He pulled away and I lunged towards him, threatening to beat him with his own hoodie.

     This was the life. A confusing, fucked up reality.

A/N: I'm pretty sure Killua is edgy in my story's because I'm edgy, so I can just let my edginess out when I write Killua's stuff.