Another Day, Another Dollar

GON

     I walked down the empty halls of the dorms to my new college. Yeah that's right, ya boy here graduated highschool. I turned into another passageway in the hallway and found my room number. Room number 99. I grabbed my key out of my jeans pocket and slid it into the slot of key hole. 

     The directors of the college had told me that I might have had to bunk with somebody in the dorm but they never specified who it was. So, just like anyone else, I was nervous but anticipating to see who I would be bunked with.

      I turned the key and fumbled with getting it out a little bit, resulting in my dropping it. I picked it up and shoved it back into my pocket. I turned the knob, it shaking in the process and I slammed the door open. 

      I dragged myself into the room and saw a person on the couch watching TV and eating... Chocolate? The unknown figure/person turned their chair around and stared at me with a glare. 

      "Who. The fuck. Are you?" It said. Didn't want to assume genders too early in the game. 

     "I'm Gon Freecss! I'm new in this campus and this is the room that they sent me to. So, d-deal with it." You could hear the passiveness in my voice even though I was supposed to be standing up for myself. 

     "Cool. Don't slam doors next time idiot. I'm the one who'll have to pay for it since you don't have a rep yet." The person said nonchalantly, turning the rotationable chair back around and turning the volume on the television louder, not by much though.

      "Can you show me around? This dorm is a lot bigger than I thought it would be."

     He groaned and stood up motioning for me to follow his lead. He gave me a tour of the house and explained everything to me. I thanked him after he was finished with the tour and headed to my room.

     I went to go unpack my bags before realizing that I forgot them. I had a mini heart attack before remembering that I drove here and that my bags were still in the car. "Wow! That would've been bad!" I laughed afterward.

     The unidentified person said, "Shut up!" and I got angry at him.

     I marched out of my room and walked over to the TV and hit the off button. I marched over to him and grabbed the remote out of his hand, throwing it to my side. I looked him dead in the eyes and said in the nicest yet firm tone I could manage. "What is your name?"

     He smiled and chuckled lightly before schpilling the tea. "Kurapika, now can you go away now. I've currently been trying to watch the same movie for a week now because Killua and Leorio keep interrupting me."

     "Thank you, I shall leave you to your lonesome now." I bowed for no reason and walked into my room, feeling accomplished with all my feats today.

     I walked out of my room again and stood in front of Kurapika... Again. "Wait. Wait. Who are Killua and Leorio? Are they friends of yours? Can we meet them? I'm bored... Heh." I felt a little nervous since I had asked a random stranger if I could meet his friends, but I was new here so I needed to know as many people as possible.

     "You're pretty straight forward. Sure, I'm pretty bored myself. Let me call them." He leaned over the couch and grabbed a phone that was sitting on the coffee table. "You want me to put it on speaker?" He asked.

     "Whatever you want to do is fine with me," I sat on the couch beside him and heard the dial tone.

     After a couple of rings someone picked up. "What's up Kurapika?" Said a person with a soft voice that was a little higher pitched than mine.

     "Kurapika! He hasn't talked to us in like? Two hours! I wonder if his roommate's there yet?" A person from the background yelled. This person had a really scratchy voice that was deeper than mine.

     "Yeah my roommate's here Leorio. Killua is it okay with you if me and my roommate hang out at your dorm for a bit?" Kurapika had a huge smile on his face and I could tell that he enjoyed being with these people.

     "Yeah, sure. But why does your roommate want to come?" I think his name was Killua, pondered.

     "He's bored and has no friends." Kurapika deadpanned.

     "Okay, harsh. Bring him over." 

     "Alright, we're heading there now."

     "Bye!" Said Leorio and Killua in unision.

    Kurapika hung up and stood up, putting his phone in his pocket. He walked into a room and came out wearing a black hoodie. I was already dressed and ready to go.

     "Ready?" Kurapika asked me and I nodded my head. "Let's go."

     He opened the door and ushered me out. He locked the door and we walked to the elevators. He pressed the fourth floor button and we went up. We walked out of the elevator and down the hallway until we reached room 403.

      Kurapika knocked and we heard yelling. We waited for a couple minutes before finally a person with black hair and brown eyes answered the door. "Hey! You must be Kurapika's roommate! Nice t' meet cha'!" He outstretched his arm for a handshake and I accepted it.

      "I'm Gon. Nice to meet you too!" 

     I walked in and one half of the dorm was neat while the other half was a fucking wreck. "Holy shit." I accidentally murmured. 

     "I know. Leorio's a fucking pig. Can't clean up worth a damn."

     I glanced over at the target who was talking and we locked eyes for a good ten seconds. From there on something wasn't right.

      I could see... Blue?

      My heart was beating so fast and I felt like I was going to faint. I looked back up and Killua and he looked like he was on the verge of tears. He was looking around and smiling at everything. Is he really the one I'm spending the rest of my life with? 

     "I need to get something from one of my professors. I'll be right back." Killua said, his bangs shadowing over his eyes. He walked out and I realized that this was my chance to talk to him.

      "I forgot my phone at the dorm. I have to go get it. I'll um- be right back." I walked out and Leorio and Kurapika's faces looking confused was imprinted into my mind.

       Killua was almost to the elevators so I ran as fast as I could. I wanted to yell but it was against the rules to make a ruckus in the dorms. I finally caught up to Killua and as soon as he walked into the elevator, so did I.

       There was a long moment of silence before Killua broke it. "So you're the one, huh?"

A/N: I think I like this story.