Chapter Nineteen

SARAH P.O.V

I woke up to a pair of blue eyes staring at me. The same eyes I fell in love with a long time ago. The eyes I so desperately wished to gaze upon me with so much love and compassion. " morning." I said as I tried to sit up. " Thank you Liza, You have done so much for me and my..." " no need your Majesty. I only serve this kingdom and it's king." Okay, maybe I shouldn't have interrupted him. But I couldn't stand it anymore. " so it's for the kingdom. I... I thought... Never mind. Good morning to you too." He said looking sad. But right now I could only think of was my sacrifice.

I sacrificed being with my mate just for him to be here as much as it hurts I don't want to be thanked for it. And the worst thing is I can't push out the thoughts of him, I already miss him. I push back the tears threatening to fall. " I need to shower, we have a lot to do. If you will excuse me your Majesty" I excused my self. As I was about to stand up, Daniel pulled me back. " did he hurt you? Was this um.. With your consent?" He inquired looking very worried and guilty.

" yes, I consented he didn't rape me. Now please I need to shower." I used the last strength I have to reply him and tried my best to shield my tears as I walked to the bathroom. Upon reaching the bathroom I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I fell to the flour as I closed the bathroom door. The tears came gushing down. What have I done? I sealed him away I might never see him again. I cried for almost an hour in the shower. After I was done crying I came out and put on some cloths. I used some makeup to hide my puffy red eyes.

When I came out, to my surprise he was still on the bed. However, he seemed deep in thought. So I cleared my throat to signify my presence. He then acknowledged me with a smile. " I guess it my turn." Thank God he had put some pants on. Great! Once he is showering, I'll check on Sarah if possible break the spell Nicolas put on her. How can a vampire cast spells? I shrugged off the question as I walk towards Sarah. She looked so peaceful.

I lifted and carried her outside. Urghhh! She is so heavy. I thought to my self. I drew a circle around her and enchanted it with necromancy magic. The only way she can escape that circle is when she dies. Placing my hand on her head I lifted the sleep spell and went inside to retrieve one of my books to help me break the spell. When I came out I saw Sarah casting spells trying to break free. " don't bother it won't work. You can't undo my magic. We don't use the same type remember?" I reminded her that she is just a witch she knows nothing about necromancy.

" let me out of here! Which kind of spell is this?" She demanded. "Sarah listen, Nicolas is not your mate. He has cast a spell on you." I told her the truth because she has to know that she is being used. Besides according to the book the person has to realize he/she is under a spell or else it won't work." yeah sure or Your just jealous because Daniel left you for her isn't it? And look, even after she betrayed him he still longs for her not you! So your trying to make me lonely and miserable just. like. you!" She yelled at me and started to laughed " no Sarah Daniel may have left but I met my mate and he is wonderful. But that's not the point. The point is I have felt what's its like and no soul mate would condemn his mate to die."

I tried to reason with her but she just seemed to believe everything thing Nicolas told her. " no that's were your wrong, he is not condemning me to my death. After he is King I will be Pardoned and we will get married." She said with a sickening dreamy look on her face. "It doesn't work like that. Once your charged with treason. Even after a new king is placed on the throne, it won't change a thing. His first act of Justice will be to sentence those who are traitors to show efficiency. Besides you claim to murder his family. With all the charges against you you will be lucky if you are banished. But we both know that won't happen." Daniel said from behind me. Shit how long has he been there? How much did he hear?

I pushed all those question to the back of my head. Sarah looked numb as realization hits her in the face. She has finally realized how much he has deceived her. "let me help you. This can only work with your consent. You have to fight to live or else you will die. Please Sarah!" I pleaded with her. "I want revenge. Don't let me die best friend." She said with a smile. " I won't I promise. You have to be brave this is going to hurt a little." With that I began casting the spell. It dreaded me to hear her screams as I broke the spell. It tore me apart but I had to keep going to make sure she is saved. After the spell was cast for the last time. The screams finally stopped but she had passed out. Since my circle was still intact she was still alive.

I turned to look at Daniel. " if you don't mind your majesty, we need to talk there is so much you need to catch up on." I said as we walked into the cottage. We sat down and I told him everything. Even though I know I don't have feelings for him anymore. It still pains me to tell him that the only family member alive is the one behind all this and the one responsible for Sarah's pain. "Nicolas, off course how could I be so blind." He said. His eyes showed so much sadness " am sorry but we need to act quick now that we know it's him. According to Sarah he plans to use her as a scape goat and he is back to the palace." I explained elaborately.

" I won't tolerate traitors. Family or not." He agreed. " HEY! WHY AM I STILL OUTSIDE? I THOUGHT WE WERE ON THE SAME SIDE?" Sarah's yelling made me laugh and I undid my spell. She walked in staring dagger at me. " that was the worst pain I have ever felt. You said it my hurt a little. You lied, by the way, am starving you got any food? By that I mean blood." She said walking towards a fridge she noticed on the Conner. " oh thank goodness. Found some" she yelled as she hungrily drank the blood.

" take a shower, you can borrow some of my clothes we need to go to the palace. There is no time to waste." I enlightened her on the plan. I could see the mistrust in Daniels eyes as he looked at her like he wasn't buying the whole I have changed act. " sure boss I'll be right back." She sassed as she walked into the other rooms looking for the bathroom. "Hey, we can trust her." I said placing my hand on his for comfort. For a split second I saw his eyes flash green and then it was gone just like that. No touching! Message received Akira. I quickly removed my hand and smiled.

" umm... We should pack." I suggested right after which I fled the room. " I own the place no need to pack. Your always welcome to come here." He said. I feel bad to turn down such a kind gesture. " sorry, but I insist." I feel like a bitch. But anything to keep that wolf at bay. Am sure the council doesn't know their king is a hybrid. And now won't be the best time to find out.