Chapter Seven

Daniel's POV

We arrival at our destination. To my surprise I know this place. But decided to play along. It was a medium sized house and by the looks of it the witch lives alone.
Sarah knocked on the door but there was no reply.
"she must be out. I think I might have an idea where she is. " Sarah said.
"you think? And how do you know where she is?" she seemed uncomfortable.

"I mistakenly killed her friend earlier. She was stronger. I would have died if I didn't kill her."she explained.
"how did you come across her? " I inquired.
"I was tracking Nicolas. The trail lead to your families abandoned house. The one near the lake."
"so your suggesting she might be there?" the moment those words left my mouth i spotted a familiar red head approaching.

What is she doing here?
I had secretly hired a necromancer Lisa to help me investigate and she is far more competent than Sarah. Sarah noticed my nervousness and turned around.
"speaking of the devil." was all Sarah said when she saw Lisa.
"sarah what are you doing here?" Lisa said approaching us. She looked exhausted.

They know each other?  Was Sarah the other friend Lisa was thinking of teaming up with?

"we came to see you. We know all you have been doing Lisa." she angrily said.
And I see where this is going.
"what are you talking about sarah?" she looked really exhausted like she has been crying. I pushed away the urge to hug and comfort her.
"we know you poisoned the king and you kidnapped my mate! Tell me, tell me where you are hiding him!" Sarah yelled at Lisa.
Fury and rage blazing in her eyes like wild fire.

" seriously? You and i are on the same side we had a deal you said you will have a talk with Alex at your house and i should go after Mal." her eyes began to tear up.
" oh please don't give me that. I know what you are capable off . Let me guess mal is dead right? Do you feel guilty?" Sarah asked.
"yes mal is dead i found her body." Lisa sobbed and hugged her self tight.

"and yes i feel guilty. Its my fault she is dead." she sobbed even harder. Its already passed twelve and i know my father is gone.
"I am Sorry for your  loss. " I sympathized with her. she has lost her friend and what did she mean by its her fault?
" she is not grieving!  This bitch killed mal. She must have cut off her head and left it for us to find then dispose of the body." the minute those words left her mouth Lisa eyes widened and a deep frown plastered across her forehead.

"sarah how did you know i only saw mal's  head?" it was time for Lisa to get angry besides she has a point.  Sarah flinched.
"y-you told us w-when you came." she stuttered. Which is clear evidence that she was lying. I don't know what came over me but i grabbed her neck  strangling her.

" Daniel please let her go we need her only she knows where your brother is." i had to admit Lisa is right. My revenge can wait so i released Sarah making her body fall to the ground with a thud. Immediately she started coughing to catch her breath. Once she was able to breath she disappeared.

"teleportation how the hell did she do that" i murmured to my self but i guess it was loud enough for Lisa to hear.
"Sarah is a hybrid. A half vampire half witch she told me today. Would you like to come in? There is a lot i have to tell you" she looked numb like a zombie.
"alright lets talk" i followed her into her apartment it was a simple living room covered in pink everything and there wasn't much furniture in it.

Just the way I remember it.
"can i get you something to drink?" she asked but i needed a different type of drink i haven't fed since morning.
"if you have some blood i wouldn't mind." she shock her head.

" unfortunately i don't" then she walked into the kitchen and took out a can of beer.
"but you know you could always feed from me. I like it when you do" she murmured to her self. And i am sure i was not supposed to hear that last sentence. She walked back into the living room and sat opposite me.

"i am so sorry Daniel. I couldn't see through Sarah. I had no idea she was a part of this conflict with your family. And now she is no where to be found. I am sure she has your brother." she leaned forward her green orbs looking into my blue ones. Sadness, betrayal, loneliness, hurt where emotions seen evidently.

She pulled back and began telling me everything from the moment Sarah invited her and mal to her house until date. And it appeared to me that Sarah planed it all. She wanted to use Lisa as a scape goat. I turned to look at Lisa she was so drunk.

" hey Daniel you are an asshole you know that? Toying with my emotions. You found your mate and dumb me. Then turn around at night sneak into my room and seduce me. You fuck me so good that no other guy can......" she sluggishly said and then she giggles

"oh but don't worry i like it i really do. Its so good with you" she stand up walks to me and grabs my shirt.
"i need you please. Make love to me" she sounded vulnerable besides she was drunk.

" you are drunk" i gently shove her of me to the chair.
"maybe i am drunk but i know i wont regret it i never do. Please you owe me this" she begged.
"only when you are sobber little red" I carried her bridal style to her room and placed her on the bed. I pecked her forehead and left her apartment.