Chapter Eight

I have the perfect song for this chapter.

My immortal by evanescence.

Daniel walks out of Lisa's house. The streets were dark and chilly. He let's out a breath of frustration, trying his best not to go back and grant her wishes. Lisa was his first love. Even after he met his so called mate he always desired her. He used his full vampire speed to run towards the castle he needed to have a serious talk with Alex. "Your highness, we have been looking for you. We have some news about your father."

The chief security Javier walked up to him. Prince Daniel already knew what the news was about. "Where is Alex? I need to talk to him. Tell him to meet me in my chambers." Daniel told the guard.  Javier attempted to talk again. "That will be all you are dismissed" he cut him off before he could even say another word. The guard understood the princes feelings and took his leave after giving him a curt nod.

Prince Daniel walk to his chambers. Sat on the chair near the fire place. He stared into space. Thinking about all he  discovered today and his fathers death. He released a deep breath.
I feel so hopeless he thought to him self. " I am not sure if I am fit to be king." He murmured to him self. He stood up and walked to the bathroom to take a cold shower.

After all he needed it to calm himself down. A loud knock on his door snap Daniel out of his shower. He hurriedly walk out of the shower with just a towel wrapped around his waist. He walked towards the door and opened it. To his surprise it was Javier. " Your highness am sorry to interrupt you but  there is something you need to see." Javier panicked. Ever since Javier has been in the castle he has never seen him this terrified. So he decided to follow the guard. He led him to that castle gate.

Daniel immediately dropped down to his knees. His entire body shaking as countless tears fell to the ground. An unusual darkness clouded the sky. The moon turned black. Everything suddenly became quite. The clutching hands of death surrounded the entire castle. The only thing that was heard was the screams and shouting of a twenty one year old Prince, for in front of him was the dead body of his one and only idol the brother he loved so dearly. Tied to a tree decapitated and the head was pinned to a spear next to the tree.

" what did I do wrong to deserve this?" He screamed. " Why is this happening to me" he yelled. " Get Alexanda's body out of there and prepare him for a proper burial together with my father." he said in between sobs. Daniel braced him self up and walked back into the castle. This was clearly a war against his family.

First his father then his brother got kidnapped and finally now they killed Alex. The only person left is Nicolas. He won't let anything happen to him he is the last family he has left. Even though he is not fond of his brother but he has to find Sarah as soon as possible. I walked back to my chambers with the mind of trying to get some rest.

Mother what will you have me do in this situation?
He picked up his phone and sent a text to Lisa. She will see it first thing in the morning. He lay on his bed. And couldn't help but think about Alex. He was always there for him in his darkest times and often saves him from the darkness that constantly tried to consume him.

Flash back
Darkness was all there is. There weren't any demarcations nor identification as to where this is. It was so quite. Not even a squeak. " Hello? Is anybody there? "  the young boy inquired. Yet no reply was received. After what seemed like a couple of minutes a dark shadow like figure appeared a couple of inches away from the little boy.

It seemed like a human-like figure yet it was too dark to figure out who it was. It didn't speak it just stood there. He began to get scared. " ummm... My name is Daniel. What's your name?" The little boy shakily stood up from his sitting position. Still the only reply the boy seemed to receive was silence from the dark figure. " I am not afraid of you. my brother says I am a big boy. And I shouldn't be afraid of you anymore.

He also says you are my friend. Is that true are? u my friend? Mr shadow." The little boy asked once again. "Muaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!" An evil sinister laugh erupted from the darkness." I am not your friend silly little boy. I am here to kill you." A deep manly voice replied. Then all of a sudden a bright blinding light erupted from inside me driving the darkness away. " Noooooooooo! This is not over! I will be back little boy!"

And just like that I woke up. " you okay little buddy?" I look at Alex paranoid face. " yes I am fine. " I replied with a slight smile. " sorry little buddy I got  here as soon as I can. You can beat him you don't have to be afraid." And Once again he saved me.

End of flash back.

What do u think about my story so far? I am not a very confident writer. Hope u enjoyed it though.