Chapter Eleven

Nicolas POV

I haven't fed for an entire day. Due to that i looked really pale. My lack of sleep for several days gave me dark circles around my eyes. With the way i look, my story will be more convincing. I fell to my knees and began to crawl towards the castle gates. Hopefully the guards will see me approaching. I have always been the weakest in the family so my crawling shouldn't be a surprise. "Look over there it looks like prince Nicolas." A guard yells. Within seconds they came to my aid. " I grabbed the hand of a guard and whispered " go get Daniel, Hurry."without a word the guard hurriedly walked the opposite direction.

I watched the guards' retreating figure until I eventually lost sight of him. Knowing Daniel very well a few crocodile tears wouldn't convince him, I will have to up my acting game. I was taken to my royal chambers. My room still looked the same. Everything is just the way I left it. The guards laid me down carefully on the bed. After a couple of minutes Doctor Jessica Van del walked in. She is the doctor assigned to the royal family by the council. And she doesn't like me very much. Scratch that she doesn't like me at all.

She was wearing a very short light pink dress that barely covered her ass. The dress hugged ever inch of her body showing all her curves. Her curly platinum blonde hair was tied into a loose bun. And she wore a pair of white heels which complimented her pale white skin. I'll admit she is marvelous. She walked towards me swaying her hips a little to much for my liking. Which made me wonder whether she is here to treat people or seduce them.

Don't get me wrong I like her but she is loyal to only one person. Her unwavering loyalty towards Daniel is what ticks me off. Not to mention she is obsessed with him. " you look terrible." Her smooth calm sultry voice echoed all around the room. She said giving me a nonchalant glance. Sometimes she reminds me of Daniels fake mate. To which I rolled my eyes. "lets see do you feel pain any where?" She asked while bringing out a note pad from her bag.

"Are you trying to irritate me?" I frowned. She flashed me a wicked grin and Scanned my entire body. Jessica is a rear vampire breed. Rumor has it her eyes can see through the soul of every living being. I know for a fact she knew I wasn't in pain. " am sorry Nicolas I had to ask. Because I heard the guards carried you all the way here from the gate. I was beginning to think my eyes are faulty."

She said while writing something down on the note pad she was holding. When she finished she gave me a disapproving glance. Her light pink eyes piercing into mine.
Those are the weirdest eyes I have ever seen. It feels like she can actually see my soul.

" I recommend you stay in bed for a couple of days. And make sure to feed regularly. We don't want the guards to suffer again now do we." She said tauntingly like she was talking to a little boy. At this rate I was boiling in rage. But I decided not to act on it. She flashed another one if her annoying grins at me.

" enjoy the rest of your day prince. Oh! And congratulations on finding your real mate." She said with a genuine smile and walked out swaying her hips again. I guess the rumors are true. By the way, Daniel should be here by now. I leaned back and closed my eyes. I hope I get to see him before I face the council for questioning.

Its been almost an hour. If Daniel were in the palace he would be here by now." Guards!" I yelled. I know for a fact they wouldn't leave me unguarded. Within seconds they came rushing in. " yes your highness." One of them replied. " my brother I want to talk to him." I demanded. " his Majesty left early this morning. " the guard replied. Just as i suspected.

When I didn't do or say anything else they walked out of the room and shut the door. This is not going as planned. In the absence of the king, the council will call me in for questioning.
Things are not usually done without the king. But this case is urgent since it involves the murder of the royal family. Besides Daniel isn't mounted king permanently yet. Maybe its a good thing to talk to the council first. To see if I can win them over.