Troubled

Thomas's POV

He needed to find Maddie.

She had more answers than he did, and if they combined them together he knew they could get out of the maze.

Thomas woke up, it was the usual time the runners got up to go into the maze, so Thomas decided to go get Maddie and sort this all out.

He walked through the Homestead only to see her in the same place with Newt.

He just stood there, watching how Maddie would laugh at something Newt said or how she'd smile so bright at something Newt was talking about that made her happy.

He wanted to just go up and grab Maddie and take her out to talk to her, but he stopped, who said he had the right to do that?

Thomas awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and walked out to get some breakfast from Frypan.

"Hey Frypan!" Thomas smiled, walking up to the boy.

"Hey Thomas, want some of the worlds best bacon?" Frypan smiled cheesey and laughed at himself.

"Sure." Thomas smiled and laughed along, sitting at a picnic table.

A few minutes later Maddie and Newt came walking in the room. They both got their breakfast and sat down at the picnic table with Thomas.

"Hey Maddie, Newt." Thomas greeted as they sat down.

They both smiled and returned the greeting and took a bite of their food.

"Maddie is it alright if I talk to you later?" Thomas questioned, somewhat nervous to do it in front of Newt.

Maddie looked at him and smiled softly. "Of course Thomas, why wouldn't it be?" She laughed lightly and gave Newt a side hug which made him smile.

Thomas shrugged and smiled back finishing his breakfast. "Meet me in the Glade." He said before he got up and left.

****

Maddie was walking out into the Glade, automatically she felt something was off.

She saw Thomas and waved him over.

"Good thing you made it on time." He chuckled.

"I need to talk to you about what you remember." He began which caused Maddie to freeze.

"I don't want the entire Glade to know anything else Thomas." She snickered and crossed her arms.

Thomas groaned and clapped his hands in her face.

"No you shuck face, I need you to help me get everyone out of this shucking place!" He groaned, rolling his eyes.

Maddie sighed and covered her face.

"What do you want to know." She questioned.

"You know a code correct?" He replied, pretty much already knowing the answer.

"Yes..." She spoke suspiciously.

"How'd you know that? I never told anyone that." She stammered.

"I told you, both of us are here for a reason." He began.

"You don't think I know that you klunk head!" She shouted.

Thomas was aggrivating her, which wasn't good. Maddie had a bad temper and so did Thomas.

"I know where the code goes, it kills all the Greviers and then we can get out of this place." He nodded and sighed.

"I can't tell you Thomas." She spoke as if it was locked away.

"Why not? You even said you wanted to help everyone get out of here!" He shouted, causing Maddie to slap him.

"Watch it, shank." She growled.

"You may think you have everything figured out and once we get out of here everything will be all peachy, well open your eyes shuck face," she snickered.

"The place out there, is even worse than in the Glade." She whispered.

"I can't tell you ti'll the time is right Thomas." She sighed, looking around to make sure nobody else heard.

"You'll understand later, I promise." She sighed.

"I'll talk to you later." She mumbled and walked off, leaving a confused Thomas standing in the middle of the Glade.

Maddie walked around and looked at the Maze. Many questions to many Gladers.

She walked back to Newt, she hugged him and gave him a kiss on the lips, leaving Newt dazed in and out of focus.

He held her close, whispering things to Maddie that made her laugh. She leaned back against him smiling.

Minho came out from the Homestead and walked up to them.

"God you two are like some married couple, gross!" He grinned and laughed.

Maddie only stuck her tounge out and smirked at him while Newt grinned, resting his head on her shoulder.

"Can't help that I found a perfect guy, unlike you Minho." Maddie smirked and Minho glared at her playfully.

"What are you talking about shank." He grinned a bit.

"We all know you have the hot's for Thomas!" Maddie shouted which made Minhos mouth drop.

"I do not!" He shouted, his face flustered.

"Liar." She cooed and Minho only snickered covering his face.

"Is it that obvious?" Minho groaned.

Maddie and Newt both made kissy noises and faces at Minho, making Minho groan again and glare at them playfully.

"Don't tell anyone or I'll beat the klunk outta' ya." He squinted his eyes at them and showed a small grin.

They both smirked and laughed, making Minho flustered again.

Maddie moved around in Newt's arms, making Newt hold her closer which put a smile on her face.

A few minutes later Thomas came walking up, Maddie Newt and Minho were sitting on a few logs around a nice camp fire.

Maddie sat on Newts lap, Newt having his arms around her still, resting his head on her shoulder, and Maddie leaning against him.

Thomas came and sat beside Minho which caused Newt and Maddie to smirk at. Minho gave them a death glare and then looked at Thomas, starting a coverstation.

Maddie sat there listening to them talk as she thought to herself in her head.

'Just tell him Minho, you'll be happier.' She thought.

"What?" Thomas asked.

"I didn't say anything." Maddie replied and Newt didn't say anything either.

'What the shuck!' Maddie thought to herself and Thomas once again looked at her, something wasn't right.

They could hear eachother in eachothers minds.