New Information

Everyone stood there, unsure of what to do, all they knew was they made it out of the Maze, but now were stuck in some place filled with sand.

Maddie looked around, it was an unusual place, no people on the outside world were here.

She thought since they made it out, you'd go back to the normal city where the regular world was.

Thomas looked around also, he knew there was more to it than just a rundown town that has been engulfed in sand.

Then out of no where, a loud screeching sound came.

"Welcome to the second part of the trials." This lady over an intercom spoke, but nobody could figure out where this voice came from.

"Second trial!?" Minho screamed, his face gettting flustered.

"This is called the Scorch Trials." The lady spoke again.

"You're first challenge is to make it to Safe Haven, you have 1 hour." That was all the lady spoke, then her voice vanished.

"Safe Haven? What the hell is that?" Minho snorted.

"A place were we all have to go to, or we die." Maddie spoke up, everyone looked at her, confusion buliding up.

"Just trust me okay?" She sighed and looked ahead.

"Wait, bloody hold up a second." Newt spoke up, his eyes squinting to something off out into the distance.

"Who the bloody hell are they?" He pointed out at two people walking out from know where.

"I don't know but I think we're about to find out." Thomas spoke, looking at the two people walking towards them.

They finally made it to everyone standing there, Maddie looked at Newt and he held her closer.

"So you guys are the newbies?" A guy spoke at them, studying all of them as the girl just stood there, as if studying them too.

"Uh..yeah I guess.." Thomas muttered, looking at them suspicously.

"My names Jorge and this here is Brenda." Jorge spoke, introducing them.

"We're cranks, but we haven't gotten the full effect from the Flare yet." Brenda spoke up, a look of disturbance in her face expression.

"The Flare?" Minho spoke up, his brows furrowing in confusion.

"Yes, a deadly disease that gets into your body unless you're immune to it, otherwise it slowly makes you crazy and takes over your intire body." Brenda spoke, her eyes looked at Minho as she explained.

Everyone stood there shocked, how come they wern't like that yet?

Are they really cranks?

Brenda and Jorge talked to them for a few minutes until they lead them into a building.

As they walked, they passed cranks that have already gone past normal, screaming and moaning, attacking the fence that cages them in.

Maddie held Newt's hand tightly as he brought her closer, whispering that it'll be okay.

They soon made it inside the building, still passing a few windows, the sounds of cranks screaming and moaning.

They walked a bit farther until they were in a huge room, a sign above saying 'WICKED.'

A guy named Ratman stood in the room, already starting to talk to them.

"Congratulations on making it this far in the trials," he spoke, his voice still sounding flat.

"Sadly, it's not over yet." You could see the evil smile on his lips starting to form.

"You all need to travel north, 100 miles to find Safe Haven." He ordered, looking through papers.

"If you don't chose to go or don't make it in time, we will kill you, understood?" He questioned, as if it was a normal statement.

"You have 1 hour to do this, but beware of what is to come on your journey." Ratman grinned and everyone left the room then the building.

"1 hour to make it to a place that's 100 miles away?!" Minho shouted, rage filling up his insides.

"We can do this guys, but he said beware..what did he mean by that?" Maddie questioned, looking at them to see if they had any clue.

She tried to think, to remember anything, to see if she knew anything about this place.

Nothing was going through her head, everything was blank, probably filled with sand, until letters started to appear.

C-R-A-N-K

C

R

A

N

K

C...R...A...N...K

Why was she thinking this, most of all why was it in her thoughts?

Or was it?

Was this a sign?

Thomas looked over at Maddie, since they could talk through eachothers minds he could hear what she was thinking.

Thomas studied her movements, and her expressions, trying to see what on earth was going on.

Maddie's face started becoming pale, her expression blank, as if something just came over her.

Something bad.

Thomas didn't like where this was going, but as if on cue Maddie snapped out of it, looking as normal as she was before.

Except something was off, something didn't match up with her posture, it was as if something took half her life just in seconds.

"Bloody hell.." Newt muttered, rubbing his face with his index finger.

"What is it Newt?" Maddie turned looking at him, concern washing over her face.

"You have a tattoo..." He mumbled, a scared expression forming.

She tried to turn around to see it but she couldn't.

"What does it say?" She questioned, she never had it before, where did it come from?

"Subject A6, Group A, To be killed as a Crank." Newt spoke, the last part so light you could barely hear it.

Maddie looked at the ground, it all made sense now, she was going to turn into a Crank..

And die as one.