New Day

Newt's POV

He held Maddie in his arms, stroking her hair gently.

They were back in the Homestead, it was about 3am and they were just laying in Newts hammock.

Maddie was fast asleep, she had buried her face in his chest, her one arm draped across his torso, and her leg tangled with his.

Maddie was the kind of person who loved to be close to the person she loved.

Newt had his arms wrapped around her, his head resting on hers gently.

He wasn't able to fall asleep, at least not yet, he wanted to protect her while she slept.

He watched her, he observed how she breathed at a steady pace, how she looks so much younger when she slept, how she makes little noises and moves around when she's dreaming.

Newt found it extreamly adorable and was so happy to call her his. He rubbed her back gently, soothing her to make her relaxed as she slept.

Her eyes slowly fluttered open and met a pair of brown warm eyes looking down at her.

He leaned down and kissed her lips gently, causing her to smile in return.

"I didn't wake you did I?" He looked at her, resting his forehead against hers.

"Mhm no." She murmured, her eyes shut again.

"Go back to sleep." He cooed and let her rest her head against him again.

She only made a few little noises and then fell back asleep.

Newt then decided he should try to go to sleep, he shut his eyes and soon fell into a peaceful sleep.

****

"Goodmorning sleeping beauties!" Minho shouted, causing Newt to wake up quickly, but Maddie on the other hand was still sleeping.

"What the hell Minho!" Newt grumbled looking at the boy standing in front of the hammock.

"How did she not wake up?" Minho exclaimed, resulting Newt to chuckle.

"Maddie.. Maddie.." Newt shook her which caused her to whine.

"She'll be ready in a few minutes." Newt smiled and Minho only groaned.

"Get the lazy shank up." Minho grumbled.

"Call me that again and I'll remove your voice box." Maddie growled and opened her eyes.

"I was already awake, I just wanted to annoy you." She smirked and Newt wrapped his arms around her.

"Oh so funny." Minho rolled his eyes but had his usual grin.

"We'll be out in a few minutes." Maddie nodded.

Minho only groaned again and left the room.

"Morning beautiful." Newt kissed her cheek.

"Morning." She smiled and ruffled his hair.

They both got up and got ready, then walked outside. They saw Minho and Thomas who were talking about something.

"What's going on?" Newt broke into the converstation.

"Thomas was telling me about this code for the Maze." Minho began.

Maddie looked at Thomas, his eyes wide with fear, Maddie glared.

"Maddie you alright..?" Minho questioned, seeing how her eyes showed so much hate.

"I just need to talk to Thomas alone.." She tried to speak as calmy as she could.

Thomas took a deep breath and they stepped off to talk somewhere.

"Are you shucking insane!" Maddie yelled, hitting Thomas's shoulder.

"Watch it!" He yelped and rubbed his arm.

"Sorry." She mumbled.

"How could you do this, to me!" She cried out.

"We had a deal and you do this, you have no idea what you've done." Maddie covered her face, all of this overwhelmed her.

The creators now had to deal with this new problem. Maddie didn't know what to expect anymore, for all she knew they'd kill her right on the spot.

"If I die, this is your fault." She choked out, tears blurring her vision.

"Maddie.." Thomas spoke, concern washed all over his face.

"We can do this, we can escape the Maze." Thomas tried to act positive.

"You don't understand, you don't shucking understand Thomas." Maddie started to cry.

"You just put not only yourself in danger, but me too." She cried out.

Thomas stood there, trying to process it all. He didn't know why he'd just put everything and everyone in danger.

"You can't let them figure out the code, not yet." She grumbled.

"I'll let you know when, but you gotta distracted them or else they might all die." She spoke so stern it startled him.

It was as if she wasn't herself when she spoke that. Her eyes turned dark and her expression was serious.

Thomas nodded and gulped, he was slightly afraid of her, but then her eye color changed back and her expression changed, like nothing had ever happened.

"Lets all go do something fun, yeah? It's a new day anyways." Maddie smiled.

She walked back over to Newt and he picked her up, spinning her in a hug.

Thomas soon came walking over and Minho gave him a light kiss.

"I should teach you all how to make flower crowns." Maddie spoke up, causing all the boys to look at her like she was crazy.

"No really, I have all the supplies, c'mon please!" She pouted.

They all sighed but smiled and nodded.

Maddie squealed and brought a box full of supplies to the picnic table they were at.

"Okay take a piece of wire." She ordered as she did and they followed along.

"Now take another piece of wire and do that three more times and twist it together to make a circle." She nodded as she did so and they followed her orders.

"Alright now take a flower and twist it into the wire and do that until you see no more wire." She did as she said and they followed.

About an hour later they all had finished flower crowns.

"You guys did great!" Maddie exclaimed, putting her crown on her head.

The boys chuckled and put theirs on too, laughing at eachother.

Alby soon walked in and saw them, he was curious to what on earth was going on.

"Oh hey alby!" Minho exclaimed.

"Hey guys.. What on earth is on your heads?" He laughed.

"Flower crowns, Maddie taught us how to make them." Thomas spoke up and grinned.

"Would you like one?" Newt chimed in.

"Well I-," Alby began, but Maddie didn't give him a choice, she stood up and placed one on his head.

"Your welcome." Maddie nodded and gave a wink, making Alby laugh.

"Thanks Maddie." He chuckled and walked off.

"We should all just relax today, I know we all have jobs but, it's just so nice today." Maddie suggested.

"Only for two hours alright?" Newt spoke up and Thomas and Minho nodded in agreement.

"Works with me!" Maddie smiled.

They all got up and went out into the open Glade just sitting in the grass, enjoying everyones company, laughing and smiling.

This was the begining of a new day, a new life.