The Truth Comes Out

Newt called out to everyone to get their attention, he announced the Gathering to be at 1pm.

Maddie stood beside him, watching everyone carefully as if something was gonna happen.

Sure enough, she was right.

Ben out of know where came at them.

"Bad!" He shouted.

"Bad bad bad bad!" Ben screamed, tackling Maddie to the ground.

"You-You are bad, bad!" Ben screamed at her, then his eyes flickered at Thomas.

"You both are here to kill us all!" He shouted. "I saw it in the changing!"
Ben screamed, by now everyone was surrounding the situation.

"Ben.." Alby began. "You better get up and walk away right now.." Alby had an bow and arrow, aimed at Ben's head.

"Bad bad bad!" Ben screamed, trying to choke Maddie, causing her to gasp for air.

"One!" Alby shouted.

Ben only ignored and kept screaming bad at Maddie and Thomas.

"Two!" Alby shouted again.

Ben was fighting with Maddie, trying to strangle her. Maddie was gasping as he was squeezing her neck harder, cutting air off.

"Three!" Alby shouted, then let the arrow go, hitting Ben in the head.

Ben fell to the ground and everyone ran over to Maddie, and a few to Thomas.

"Maddie!" Newt cried out, rushing to her and holding her in his arms.

Maddie looked at Newt, she had been cut off of air for a few minutes, she was taking deep breaths.

"I-I'm okay.." Maddie whimpered, her neck was red with hand prints.

Newt pulled her close, holding Maddie in his lap, stroking her hair gently.

Maddie sat there, clinging to Newt tightly. 'This is all my fault' she thought.

****

"Everyone please take your seats, the Gathering is starting." Alby began.

Everyone sat in their spots, Maddie sat down next to Newt and Thomas sat down next to Maddie, letting Minho sit next to Thomas.

"Alright, so Thomas here wanted to call a Gathering because he has important information to share, so speak." Alby commanded and Thomas nodded, standing up.

"I may have some information about the Maze, who I am and who Maddie is." He began, which caught Maddie off guard, nobody should know about this.

"I think Thomas only means the maze and himself." Maddie interupted which caused Alby to yell at her.

Thomas looked at her, as Maddie gave him a death glare.

Thomas tried to shrug it off and keep talking.

"The maze, it's a test, and were all the test subjects." He began, "Myself and Maddie here.." He took a deep breath.

"I think we're the ones who put you all in here and helped create the maze." He blurted out, looking around at everyone.

Everyone looked at eachother, speechless.

"You shucking put us in here!" One yelled.

"They work for the creators!" Another shouted.

"Banish them now!" One other boy yelled.

Everyone was furious at Maddie and Thomas.

Maddie looked like she was about to cry, she didn't have a choice, and now it's her fault everyone is like this.

Newt looked at her to see if she was okay and noticed her crying. He pulled her close and comforted her.

"Alright that's enough!" Alby yelled, causing everyone to shut up fast.

"We'll figure out what to do with them later, but for now, we have to find out more information about the maze." Alby spoke, he was the leader and what he said goes.

Thomas looked at Maddie, he saw her crying, he felt his heart sink. He knew he had to tell everyone, but he hurt her.

She wiped her eyes and kissed Newt on the cheek. "I'm gonna go take a walk, okay?" She mumbled, standing up and walking out from the Gathering.

The truth was out, and there's no going back now.