Safe Haven

Thomas's POV

They all stood there, unsure of what was going on.

The place they were in wasn't big, it was kinda small actually, but as they learned in the maze, things can be misleading.

Everyone just looked around, not knowing what to do, they had just barely gotten to Safe Haven in time, with less than a minute to spare.

Then out of know where, tubes started to rise out of the sand.

Everyone looked at it, curious yet concerned at the same time.

"Is that a light?" Maddie spoke up, pointing at the tubes, the light getting brighter on the insides.

"It can't be.." Minho spoke, his voice getting shakey.

"You have to be shucking kidding me!" Minho yelled, now anger filling his body.

"What the bloody hell..Grievers?" Newt mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck with his one hand.

Thomas looked around at everyone, Newt had a curious yet concerned look on his face, Maddie had a expression of fear and a blank one, which was unusual for her, Minho just stared at in disbelief.

'What the shuck are they doing here?' Thomas thought to himself.

'We defeated them back in the maze.' He thought again, trying to process it all out.

'They're baaaaacccckkkkkk.' Maddie screamed inside her head, causing Thomas to flinch at the sudden loudness entering his brain.

He looked over at Maddie, her expression still blank, but her mind was wild and active.

'Something bad is gonna happen Thomas, I can sense it.' Maddie thought and Thomas nodded,

agreeing with her.

Sure enough, once again, she was right, all the lights turned on, the Grievers stepping out into the sand.

A look of anger and frustration and unhappiness filled the air and their ugly Griever faces.

Everyone took a step back, fear filling everyones face.

"We're gonna have to fight them." Minho spoke up, his voice filled with sadness and determination.

Newt pulled Maddie close and kissed her sweetly, telling her he loved her with everything he had and to be careful.

Minho took Thomas's hand and pulled him in for a sweet kiss also, then hugged him tight.

"Everyone ready?" Minho shouted, everyone nodde, pulling out their weapons, looks of determination crossing over their faces like a tidal wave.

Just as if on cue, everyone charged at eachother.

Hitting, stabbing, cutting, killing at any Griever in their path.

Maddie was against one, but then she started to lose her mind again. The Crank disease was getting to her again. She attempted to swing at the Griever but missed, the Griever hit the weapon out of her hand, making her stumble backwards.

She didn't know what to do, she was trapped, she looked at the rest of the Gladers struggling themselves.

This only made Maddie even stronger, the Griever tried to stab her but she jumped on it, hitting and kicking and punching, she then grabbed a knife out of her back pocket, stabbing it in the head.

The Griever immedately fell to the ground, lifeless.

Maddie jumped down and ran over to Newt, shoving him out of the way before the Griever stabbed him.

He blinked rapidly and then saw it was Maddie, she quickly stood up and jumped on the Griever stabbing it also, letting it die painfully.

"Newt, are you okay!?" Maddie screamed, pulling him up and hugging and kissing the life out of him.

"Yes Maddie..I'm okay." He smiled softly and realized that everyone else had defeated the rest of the Grievers also, suprisingly nobody died, except the Grievers.

Everyone stood up, taking deep breaths and looking around.

"Hey I see someone." Thomas spoke up.

"Jorge and Brenda are walking up here." Thomas spoke again.

Maddie stood there, not sure how to feel.

'Why the shuck are they just now coming?' She thought to herself and Thomas looked at her.

She sighed and looked at them.

"Congratulations on living through that!" Brenda smiled.

"We're here to take you to the dormintary." Jorge spoke, "Follow us please." He nodded and started walking off towards the buldings.

Although we all were alive something was still off, Thomas had his suspicions but wasn't quiet sure.

'SOMETHING IS GONNA HAPPEN!' Maddie screamed in her mind, making Thomas wince.

Just like usual, she was right.