Taken Away

Thomas's POV

He had to stay there, watching his sister turn into a physco flesh eatting monster.

And the worst thing about it?

He couldn't do anything to help her, there wasn't a cure yet, was there one even at all?

He just figured out a day ago he had a little sister that was a year younger than him and now he realized she was slowly dying.

Slowly dying right in front of him, right before his own eyes.

He watched as she cried in Newt's arms, his best friend who was also, slowly dying.

Everything got worse by the minute it seemed.

Why was all of this happening?

Why couldn't they all just survive through all this and be happy?

His thoughts were cut off when there was a loud high pitch sound.

His eyes snapped to Maddie who was screaming and laying on the ground, covering her ears frantically.

"STOP!" She screamed, she kept hitting her head over and over.

"SHUT UP!" She yelled, her hands pushing so hard against her head it had to be brusing by now.

"Maddie it's okay, calm down, take deep breaths." Newt tried to sooth her, pulling her into his lap, stroking her hair, giving her tiny kisses.

She eventually calmed back down but fell asleep in his arms.

Thomas watched in horror, this Flare was taking over her body and making her mentally and physically insane.

He could only wonder how much longer she had before she'd be totally gone, taken away from his life, for good.

"Let's take her back to the dorm, she needs to rest." Thomas spoke up, his eyes filled with concern and sadness.

Newt nodded and stood up, holding Maddie in his arms.

They walked down the halls and eventually made it back to their dorm.

Newt laid Maddie down on their bunk, pulling the blanket over her gently.

Newt then walked back over to Thomas and Minho who eyed him and her carefully.

"We need to find a bloody cure." Newt huffed, looking at the boys.

"I know, I can't lose my baby sister and my best friend." Thomas sniffed, this was too emotional for him.

"Don't worry Thomas, we'll find the cure for them, I promise." Minho spoke up, giving Thomas a hug.

Newt smiled sympathetically at Thomas and Minho then glanced back at Maddie.

She was still fast asleep on the bunk.

****

It was now a bit later in the day, Maddie had woken up and she seemed a lot better than before, which was good.

"Hey Maddie come with me?" Thomas spoke, looking at her pleadingly.

She nodded and got up, walking out with Thomas.

"What's up?" She questioned, looking up at what was now her older brother.

To think only a few months ago, she arrived in the Glade, hiding from him, and nearly killing eachother.

"I just wanted to spend some time with you, you know before you turn crazy and try to kill me, I want to spend time with my baby sister." Thomas spoke, pulling her close and smiling slightly.

Maddie only smiled and laughed softly.

"Oh Thomas, I'm gonna miss you once I go insane, just remember I love you, okay? You're a great older brother." She spoke, tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Thomas smiled weakly at her, he couldn't believe he was going to lose her, and for her to act as if she already knew she was dying.

"Maddie, were going to find a cure, we can save you." Thomas protested, he pulled her into a tight warm hug.

She hugged back, tears now falling down her cheeks.

"It's okay Thomas." She murmured, gripping his shirt in her hands.

"No, I can't lose you!" He cried out, starting to let tears fall down his face.

She rubbed his back softly trying to calm him down, which it did.

"Not all of us can be saved Thomas, it's alright." She smiled weakly, wiping tears off her face.

"It won't be the same without you, without Newt." He began to ramble on and on, his mind taking over his mouth.

"Thomas." She spoke, making him stop and look at her.

"It will be okay." She smiled weakly, poking his side gently.

"You need to rest though, come." Maddie insisted, dragging Thomas back to the dorm.

They both re-entered to find Newt and Minho crash on their bunks.

Maddie said goodnight to Thomas and gently crawled into the same bunk as Newt and Thomas crawled into the one with Minho.

Aris was the only one who had a single bunk, all to himself.

The others could have a single bunk, but that wasn't going to happen.

She cuddled into Newt and he held her protectively.

Thomas cuddled into Minho who held him close, but Thomas couldn't fall asleep.

He shut his eyes, but his mind wandered off to somewhere else.

He saw pictures of him and Maddie as kids, laughing, playing, having fun.

All these good memories all to be ripped away from him at who knows when.

Thomas re-opened his eyes and let out a deep sigh.

His baby sister was being taken away from him, and there was nothing he could do about it.

Or was there?