Goodbye David.

She stops, her eyes damp, skin pale.

I shake my head,. 'I don't understand'.

'Which part?'.

I look around, fighting to search for the right words. 'Tell me', I take a deep breathe and try again. 'Tell me about that day. About the accident'.

She locks eyes with me, and a ghost of a smile appears on her face.

'Maybe you wouldn't want to know'.

'I do', I say.

And taking a deep breathe, she continues.

_______________________________________

It happened after 2 weeks since that drama with my  Mother. It was a beautiful day. The sky was a pale grey and heavy black clouds were going to and fo. The wind was fast and it felt cool against my skin as I stepped out of the front door, carefully locked the door and wheeled Sarah's pram along the path.

David and I had decided that I needed some fresh air everyday and since the weather was perfect in my point of view, I decided on an early walk, and with an umbrella tucked neatly in my backpack, I gave Sarah a chocolate cookie and then focused on the rood ahead of me.

Trees shook as the wind pushed against them, making a sound pleasant to hear. Birds flew everywhere, singing a lovely tune. I hummed as I walked faster, Pushing Sarah's pram gently but firmly. Naturally, I had always been an overprotective Mum, but I couldn't help it.

The day stayed pleasant. It didn't rained, though I was quite sure it would. The wind carried the clouds away, and we came back home, safe and dry.

I changed into one of my oversized shirts, matched it with it's pale blue baggy pants, and let my hair loose. Brushing Sarah's hair, I set her on the sofa again, with her dolls and cars. She was a funny little thing. She loved cars as much as she loved dolls, and she always played with them for forever, never getting bored.

I gave her a smile, feeling warm inside, and reached for my bag, and wiped out my phone. David was due to be back home. I knew that his job was important, and I cared about it as much deeply as he did, but this was family time and I needed him home.

He picked up after the second bell.

'Hello sweetheart'. He sounded too tired and at once I felt worried. Frowning, I shot Sarah a stare to see if she was still sitting alright, then turned my attention back at him.

'Are you alright darling? You sound very tired'.

He sighed. 'Just too much work. I thought this was supposed to be fun. But with Mum calling every five minutes and Poppy demanding more and more chapters, You can't call it fun'.

I took a deep breathe, then spoke more sharply than I intended to. 'Can't you tell her that you busy and to not call? And why is Poppy being so crappy? You're the one doing most of the job!'.

'I know. I know. I tried, It's not working. I need one more hour sweetheart, then I'll promise I'll come home'.

I sigh, feeling tired too, not physically, but emotionally. 'You said that last time. And it took more than one hour, remember?'.

'I didn't promised that time. I'm doing now. Trust me, okay?'.

'I miss you. I want you home. Please hurry'. I ended the call and sighed again.

It had started to feel lonely, being home alone with Sarah. Kenny was no help and I didn't really talked much with the other neighbors. I had cleaned the house, dressed in a the way he liked me to at Saturday evenings and he wasn't coming.