Made to look pretty.

'I was a smart kid'. My Mum would say.

I learned words fast. And my Mum worked hard on me. She liked words that had pretty or interesting meanings. The first word that I ever said was 'Dada'. Which honestly surprises me. I don't know much about my Dad and it isn't very easy to love someone who you can't even remember, than someone who spent her whole freaking life looking after you.

My Mum is everything but her heart is like this beautifully wrapped present that I'm not allowed to open. Or maybe it's not so beautiful. Honestly, I don't know.

When people use the word 'Sunshine' to describe my Mum, I'm left to wonder, is she really? As far as I can tell. My life started with her looking after me and it never ends.

She always stayed the 'happy' and 'perfect' Mother. Sometimes I still wonder why I couldn't figure out, in those days when I was really young, that she must also have a 'dark' side, that she must also cry at times, only she would never let me see, so I couldn't think or be sure.

When I turned 3, I learned a new word 'Aurora'. I didn't knew what it meant, but it sounded pretty so I used to say it anyway. I learned to say words like Bumble or Couthy and plew and pother. Though I have no idea what they meant. All I know is, I must have found them funny to say or else I wouldn't have said them.

My Mum was a good Mother. We used to throw parties and eat sweets, just because it used to please me.

On my third Birthday. She literally painted half of our house pink, because it was my favorite color. It made me feel weird, to think of all the effort she would put into it, just to please a three years old baby.

Woman do stuff, little and big, to please their husbands. My Mum had only me. So she did all that she could do for me. That's the only excuse I could think of anyway.

She baked a big chocolate cake for me, some mini cakes with jelly. (I was a big fan of jelly as well) She decorated our room with pink, glittery balloons and ribbons. And we ate and she played silly games with me, Made silly faces to make me laugh. And then I fell asleep, slowly and then, all at once, in her lap. And she stroked my hair and sang sweet songs, Her voice soft and pretty.

My Mum was a great song writer. At those times when I would be asleep, she would write songs that she would later sing to me. She still has those notebooks, filled with sweet, sad songs.

I don't know how she did any of the things she did for me. I couldn't understand, even though I wanted to. I loved her truly, but I couldn't simply love her the way she loved 'me'. Maybe it was because 'she'  was the Mother and I was  the daughter. And Mothers are capable to love a millions times better than a daughter can. It's weird, unfair. But it's a fact. It's the truth.

I grew up wearing frocks and tiny shoes. Back at 2001, when I was three, I used to wear nothing but frocks. 'It was like, You were a doll.' My Mum would say, smiling. 'And I got too excited when I realized that I could dress you in any way I wanted'.

I had long hair. My Mother used to put ribbons in it. My feet were tiny. My Mother would brought tiny baby shoes for me. My skin was white. My Mother dressed me in white and pink frocks. I was a doll, I had to look pretty. Or so my Mother thought.

I respect Mothers who look after their children well. I never understood why teenagers would want to leave their house and family behind. For love? Hah! They don't know the first thing about love. Look around you, No one can ever love you more than the women who gave birth to you. Not a guy with a nice haircut or lovely eyes.

I understand the way life works. How 'Humans' work. But you don't have to to choose love over your family. Live a life where you can have both. Your family 'and' the person that you love.

These days, people are so busy, making time for the people they love, that they forget those who love 'them'. Life isn't about boys, it's about 'living'. And what is life without the woman who 'gave you life'?

My Mother was an amazing Mother, I have to admit. But I don't want to compare my love for her with the love that I have felt for other people. I don't have to. I don't want to, and I won't.

They say that the rain will stop and the sun will shine again. They never say 'And then it will rain again and then again and again'. Rain will never stop, neither will your problems or the pain, that you feel. The world isn't made to stop, nothing is.

That is one lesson that I learned from my Mother, even though she didn't taught me. Maybe that's why she bothered with hard, silly stuff, to please me. She did it to make me happy. To go on, because I was all that she had, and she knew. She knew that even though I needed her badly, that I will always need her. One day, she will need me too.