Parting

I force myself to follow him, though I half don't want to. The burning inside my heart is painful, and my mind is not working properly. My legs feel heavy, and it's a struggle, to control my emotions and take those final steps with him.

He is wearing a plain white shirt over black baggy pants. His hair are messy and his eyes are swollen, tough not exactly red.

'Couldn't sleep?'.

He turns to looks at me, 'Nope'.

'Here', He opens his car and gives me a package wrapped up in silky black sheet. 'For you'.

I bite my lips to keep from smiling, 'I've got something for you too'.

He squints at his package, wrapped in the exact same sheet. Grinning, he asks, 'Don't tell me where you've got this from'.

'I won't', I laugh.

Reaching out for me, he gives me a bear hug. I can almost feel my bones cracking. I can hardly breathe. But I don't pull back.

He still smells of sweets, and cotton candy. Heaving a sigh, I say, 'I'll miss you big buddy'.

'Me too'.

I pull back and study his face. His eyes are as warm as butter, yet his smile is even warmer.

'Stay safe, Okay?'.

He smiles, 'You too. Be happy'.

I have to resist the temptation to grimace, 'I'll do my best'.

He gives me a final hug, before getting into the car. 'Send my love to Rose, will ya?', I call out.

He shouts over the noise of the engine, 'I will, if I remember'.

I chuckle, shaking my head. He gives a little wave before his car disappears out of sight.

I heave a great sigh. The burden on my heart grows heavier. I turn at the sound of the door opening and there she is, Mum.

Pale, her body thin, her eyes dim.
I bite my lips before walking towards her.

Like always, she hugs me. A hug filled with warmth and comfort. Yet, today it does nothing to help me feel better.

Shaking my head, I pull back and tell her to go back to sleep. I sense her eyes studying my face, but I turn away.

I can't do this today.
Just let me be.

My bed doesn't feel familiar when I slump into it. Wrapping the bed sheet around me, my hair splayed on the pillow, I try to close my eyes, do anything that would reduce the pain inside me.

It doesn't helps.

Groaning, I get up and sitting barefoot on the floor, reach for his gift. It feels like magic under my hands. I take my time feeling it, then slowly, very slowly, I peel off the cover and peek inside.

A glossy red dairy meets my eye. Stroking it with my fingers, I heave another sigh. I think, perhaps, I know what's written inside.

Gentaly, I open the dairy, and a paper falls out. Smiling, I unfold it.

'Hello Sarah, I hope you're okay. I wish that I could stay and make things better. But maybe Fate has turned against us, I don't know. All I want to tell you now is that I feel like I'm breaking too. I want to take you in my arms and beg you to stop crying.

I wish that I could take away your pain. But maybe you were right, I'm no good, am I?

I'll miss you though. I already miss the old Sarah, who had a loud laugh and who would make too much fuss. The new Sarah is good too, just maybe too cool and tough.

I know it hurts. Deep down, where nobody notice, right?
Just try and remember, that no matter how lonely you feel, You are 'not' alone.

You can't change your Mother, but you can try and change yourself. Don't let it get you girl, you're strong. You can do this!

I have faith in you. It's quite true Sarah, I've never met someone like you and I don't think I ever will. You're just so vibrint, whole and pure. I simply love that.

You've always been like a sister to me. You're like my second half. It's hard to leave you behind.

But please, stay strong. Stay happy.
I miss your smiles, so the next time we meet, I want a dozen of those, get me?

If ever you need me, reach out. I'll always be there for you. I'll try. Always.

And whenever you want me. Look deep in your heart. You'll find me there. Safe.

I'll always be yours. Your Sammy, the boy who changed his five letter name, :p.

You're not alone. You're mine.

Yours,
Sammy'.

Silient tears leak out of my eye. I don't push them away. Somehow, they heal my wounds. Slowly, they do their work.

I stare at his letter for a long time, rereading it over and over again.

Though some part of my heart still aches, I feel calm. Hopeful.

Life is just going to get harder. I know it. I dread it. But it's not going to stop hurting forever.

I take a deep breathe. Wipping my tears with my hands, I heave a sigh, and lean back on the wall.

I'll miss you big buddy.

My phone vibrates. Taking it out of the pocket of my jeans, I peer at the screen, my eyes still half closed.

It's a message, from him.

Missing you already.

I laugh, and type back,

Better focus more on driving. :p

No 'I miss you too'? :(

I do. Just too tired.
Sleep. It'll help.

I'm trying.

Love you. Sleep tight. :*

I heave a sigh. Then swiching off my phone, I change out of my clothes and get into bed.

Daylight still pours into my bedroom, but I don't get up to shut the blinds, I feel too tired.

Life feels weird. Like all it's worth has gone. I close my eyes, and sigh again.

How am I going to do this? How?

Memories flash through my mind, fast, vibrant, full of color. It has changed. I can't deny that. It changed and it changed me too.

How can I be happy when I feel like I'm all alone?

I grab the dairy and flick through it's pages.
It's all there. My poetry. Each and every single one of them.

I never knew he would write them all out, like this. Smiling sadly, I kiss the dairy, and then hugging it tightly, heave another deep sigh and go to sleep.

......................................

Hello there. It's me again. I always thought that writing a book was hard, but I never knew it would be this hard. And also, getting reads is very very hard.

I just wanted to thank those who did read. Even if it was just a chapter, it still counts. And it means alot. 239 reads finally!

Anyway, do share the story around and let others know. I'll write as often as I can, I've just been too busy to do much writing or publishing. Wish me luck! :)

.....................................