Sammy.

I made my first ever best friend at the age of four. For a start, He was a boy. Tall for his age, skinny, with flashing green eyes and a smile too wide for his face. I think it was his name that made me like him. He was 'Sammy', though I called him Sam. Which, though short, wasn't exactly a simple name in my option, but was a rather cool name, or so I thought.

Another good thing about him was that he was also an only child. Having no brother and sister, he also had been pampered, though his mother was way to fussy over him. Out of the many things that I liked about him was that, he wasn't what I called 'Nonsense'. He had a jolly way of talking, a loud laugh, but those weren't faked.

Yes, children may not know how to fake, but they do know how to pretend. And believe me or not, some kids know how to pretend very very well.

He didn't moaned over candy, which was good. He had many toys, but he took good care of all of them. He was loud, yet he knew his manners. He was a good boy. And a very good friend.

We first met when he moved next door. I was home that day, sick. And it was a total surprise to see moving vans stopping  outside the 'house nobody lived in'. Then came a shiny black car. A beautiful women came out of it, holding a hand of a boy, rather tall for his age.

I stared at him so long, it's a wonder that my eyes didn't moistened. And then he caught me staring, making me blush and hide behind the curtains. My heart pounding, I risked to peek through the curtains one more time. He turned just in time, and before I could hide again, he grinned, his eyes sparkling.

I've seen people with twinkling eyes, many people do. But people with sparkling eyes are rare. Believe me.

His eyes certainly 'were' sparkling, as if he was really enjoying himself. I frowned at him, and that just made him grin more widely.

'Sarah', My mum called me from the kitchen, making me jump. She came into the room, frowning a little, 'Why are you peeking through the curtains?.  She gave me a funny look. Though now I think of it, she must have just been surprised.

'They are people out there', I paused, then realizing it wasn't good enough.., 'I think they are coming to live next door'.

'Thank god, are they really?', My Mum was clearly more excited than me. I blinked in surprise as she leaned over our window, and then, if that hadn't surprised me enough, she waved at the little boy, who waved right back, shouting 'Hello neighbor', making me giggle.

My Mum maybe wasn't as happy to have an old lady as a neighbor as she seemed to show she was. The old lady who's house was on our right, was not very friendly. She was rich and had manners that were way too grand. Someone might have mistaken her for a queen, she was that full of herself. Now another lady my Mother's age might have been exciting, for she baked a cake the very next day, and of we went, knocking on their door, both of us nervous.

The boy opened the door, his face smeared with chocolate. I giggled at the very sight of him, making him frown in return. 'What's so funny?', he asked me, making me blush scarlet in return.

Thank God, Mum saved me from further embarrassment, saying in a sweet voice 'We came to say Hello'.

The boy grinned at her, and then ran back inside. We heard him calling out to his Mother, 'Mum, the neighbors are here to say hello', his Mother saying 'Hell, our house is a mess', and then the sound of feet coming our way.

I saw my Mum blush, as she realized that she have come at the wrong time, and then his Mother came, looking pretty in a pale pink shirt and blue jeans. I looked at her interest, charmed by her appearance. She smiled at us, thanking my Mother, telling her to come in. My mother shook her head, saying lightly 'You just moved in, obviously you're busy'. And then as if it just occurred to her that very moment, she smiled warmly and said 'Maybe we could help you with the unpacking?'