The girl named Ellie.

I drag my foot, humming, trying my best to avoid the nausea that keeps washing over me.

I'm totally aware that a couple of people are staring at me but honestly, I don't care. It's not everyday that I dress like this, 'and' it's not everyday I think I'm unfair with my mum. But then, life isn't fair. Nothing ever is.

My mind is overflowing with thoughts, each chasing the other, like a violent train, being driven too fast in it's track. They make me feel dizzy and I can feel a headache building up.

I hum louder, and more clearly, trying to shift my thoughts away from the dark emptiness. I bump into an old lady, making her curse at me, but I ignore her.

'You have better stuff to do than to swear back at an old lady, who probably is so bored that she's tempted to feel the pleasure and to get into a fight', I think.

The thing is, I'm bored too. But my mum probably worked better on me because even when she shouts 'NERD', I ignore her and keep on walking.

I am 'not' a nerd. And to be honest, I would rather be a nerd than be rude when I'm an old lady. Old ladies are known to be plump, kind and sweet with twinkling eyes and rosy lips and cheeks. Well, many are NOT! Not every old lady anyway.

My grandma was plump, kind and sweet. She had warm, twinkling blue eyes and red lips that smiled every time she saw me.

We used to stay at her place at holidays. Me and Mum. But then Dad died and grandma became grey and her eyes stopped twinkling. But she was warm, she was always always warm. Even when she was dying. She embraced me and I could feel her warmth.

I told her that she was beautiful and she chuckled, shaking her head.

'I've become an old old lady' She said.

And I told her that she was still beautiful even though she 'was' old. And then my dear grandma kissed me and then just like that, she was gone.

I shake my head now, firmly. 'Stop being infatile' I tell myself. But my mind just makes it harder.

I bump into another lady. No, a girl. I groan, but don't say anything. Not loudly anyway. I've walked a couple more steps when I come to a halt.

I turn around just as she does. And I actually gasp out loud. It's her.

The girl who was strange. The girl who haunted my mind for ages. The girl with the prettiest eyes. The girl named Ellie.

I can't speak. I stare at her like she's a ghost. She 'looks' like a ghost. Tall, pale. Gorgeous.

She's wearing another pair of a simple black shirt over baggy pants. Her hair tired up in a ponytail, her face glowing.

My heart pounds but my mind goes blank.

She stares back. Her eyes clear. And then they flashes and she smiles.

'We met again'.

.....................................................................................

I had to write this fast (my mum was calling for me to sleep) so yea, not the best piece. But I did say that I was going to publish this fast since the last chapter was short. So here we are.

Keep reading. Let other people know about the story.

See ya! :)