The other Journal.

We are both sitting barefoot on the cold floor. Ellie has a pillow in her lap and she's sitting in an awkward position, playing with her blond hair.

I hum softly, leaning back on a big fat pillow, trying hard to clear my mind and focus on her.
It so does happen, that when I'm with Ellie, I'm focused, alert. Yet today, here I am, all lazy bones.

I take in deep breathes, then out, making a weird noise. She did shot me a nasty glare at the first couple of minutes, but now, she's totally ignoring me.

Why are we acting like that? Well, let's say, I'm bored. And I'm positive that she is too, but Ellie is dam stubborn, so she's trying to act tough and pretend that she's having the time of her life. Typical.

We were supposed to talk. Yes, I know. I planned to. But then, we ate too many pancakes Mum made, and I ended up feeling too lazy to talk.

Don't blame me. I've had a long, tiring day. I helped Mum around the house, then studied on the Internet. Yup, there is a teacher who has made up this amazing site, where she gives lessons. I pay 10 dollars a week and in return, she gives me an hour lesson everyday.

You know, Maths and that stuff.

On the other hand, Ellie is not telling me why the hell she's tired too. She has that annoying frown which is worse than that sly smirk of hers. It's like she's the boss here, when it's my house she's sitting in, my room.

Ellie is comfortable, totally not awkward. She has confident, and positivity stuffed inside her. I almost expect her to blow up any moment. She's got too much stuff inside.

But then, So do I. All those little things that bugs me. It's a wonder that my brain and heart are still working. If any heart would have blown up by heavy weight of things, it would have been mine.

I heave a sigh, and then another. I don't know how long we will do this, but on the other hand, I don't want to give up. I've always been tough when it comes to fights or arguments. Okay, maybe not when I was a kid, but I truly am a tough nut now, hard to crack.

I lock eyes with her, willing her to give up and act a bit more mature. We have been arguing like kids, which makes it sillier, seeing our ages. She makes a face, but then shrugs.

A smile forms on my face so fast, I barely feel it. I throw my pillow at her, hitting her strait on her pretty face.

'Oww', she exclaims.

Babiesh giggles escapes from my mouth, surprising me. Yeah, I act weird sometimes. Just sometimes.

She shakes her head, but I can't mistake the little smile on her face. She leans back on the wall and bites her lips. I can tell that she's thinking. Hard.

'If you could change something about your childhood, what would you change?'

I stare at her, thinking.

'I'll make my Mum expressive, like really really expressive'.

She frowns, 'Your Mum is quite expressive, to be honest'.

I laugh a little sarcastic laugh, 'About me, she is. About the things that I want her to be? I don't think so'.

She's still frowning. I frown too, feeling just a little annoyed.
Shaking my head, I ask, 'You don't really get it, do you?'.

She bites her lips. I tell you, it's a wonder her lips don't bleed, by the way she bites them.

Having a sigh, I sit in a more comfortable position.

'I don't want to offend you or anything, but do you get that you're a bit dumb?'.

She rolls her eyes, but I cut her off before she opens that pretty mouth. 'You don't get it, though it's simple enough'.