Facts 2071-2100

So I finally got the chance to see Million Dollar Arm last weekend, and it was great! There were some really funny and enjoyable parts in it. 

Anyways, as I am making this update, there is a guy outside my classroom playing 'When You Wish Upon A Star' on the trumpet! xD

On to the facts!

Fact #3071 

Ask a member of the Disney World cast a question, and they have to supply an answer. They are not allowed to simply say 'I don't know.' 

Fact #3072 

Every employee at Disney World is required to pick up trash whenever they see it.

Fact #3073 

Cast members employed by Disney are not allowed to use social media sites to discuss their roles.

Fact #3074 

Staff at Disney are required to abide by a number of behavioral rules including no frowning, no bad posture and no mobile phones.

Fact #3075 

In keeping with Disney's strict rules on appearance, any kind of body alteration among staff members is not allowed.This includes body piercing, earlobe expansion and disfiguring skin implants. The guidelines on its website, however says tattoos are allowed, so long as they are 'discreetly and completely covered at all times.'

Fact #3076 (Story by employee) 

I had an evening shift at the 'It's a Small World' store. During the fireworks, we had to stay in the store with the metal screens pulled down. It was pitch dark and we had a table of 'Tickle Me Elmos'. Every time a firework went off, the store would shake and the 'Tickle Me Elmos' would laugh and fall off the table.

Fact #3077 (Story by employee) 

When I worked at one of the quick service places at one of the resorts, I got suspended for a week because I threw a french fry in a culinary cast member's eye.

Fact #3078 

While interacting with the park's costumed characters, a San Diego-area family said the White Rabbit from Alice in Wonderland acted coldly to their 6- and 9-year-old kids. The rabbit reportedly wouldn't touch the boys, and allegedly turned its back on the youngest. The Blacks, who are African-American, hung around to see if the rabbit's actions were unique to them. When a white family approached, the rabbit was supposedly warm, eager, and patient. "He started hugging him, kissing the girl, and hugging the boy, and they were white," the Blacks' 9-year-old said. The Blacks took their photos as well as photos of the other family and filed a complaint with Disneyland officials. The family said they were initially offered VIP tickets. When they turned those down, the park allegedly offered $500 in exchange for signing a confidentiality agreement, which the Blacks also refused. With no resolution, the Blacks hired a lawyer and are demanding a public apology from Disneyland and for the employee in question to be fired. Disneyland has yet to respond to the family's requests, but released a statement saying, "we carefully review all guest claims.

Fact #3079 

After conducting tests on the park over the course of a year, three environmental and health advocacy groups reportedly found high amounts of lead in 65 brass fixtures, including the popular Peter Pan's flight. While not lethal, the amount of lead in brass objects including railings and chains could be harmful to children, particularly the very young. In a statement, Disney called the claims "baseless." The groups filed a lawsuit in April 2011 seeking to force the park to comply with the state's toxic-chemical notification law. Disney maintains it is not in violation of the law but could not otherwise comment specifically.