Facts 841-870

As of this update, this book has over 5,000 reads!

Thank you all so much for the support you've given for this book, it really means a lot!

Fact #841

At Walt Disney World, Cinderella's Castle is made out of fiberglass.

Fact #842

The Land ride at Epcot isn't just for entertainment. More than 30 tons of fruit and vegetables are grown there every year for Disney restaurants.

Fact #843

Disney's infrastructure has more than 270 buses, making it the third-largest bus system in the state, behind Jacksonville and Miami.

Fact #844

Disney World decorates more than 1,500 Christmas trees at holiday time.

Fact #845

The first film made at Disney's Hollywood Studios was "Ernest Saves Christmas."

Fact #846

Television shows were filmed at Disney's Hollywood Studios, too. "The Mickey Mouse Club" featured soon-to-be stars Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling and Christina Aguilera. No shows are filmed there today.

Fact #847

Jane Eisner, wife of former Disney CEO Michael Eisner, came up with the "I'm going to Disney World!" campaign, Michael Eisner wrote in his 1998 memoir.

Fact #848

Wall-E was actually named after Walter Elias Disney.

Fact #849

What was the original nickname given to Walt Disney World? The Vacation Kingdom of the World.

Fact #850

In The Voyage of the Little Mermaid ride, Disney adds helium to the bubble makers to create bubbles that float up instead of down.

Fact #851

Even though they're talked about in Animal Kingdom, there are no actual hyenas in the park. They're considered too vicious to be kept safely in Animal Kingdom.

Fact #852

Up was the first Disney & Pixar movie to be presented in Disney Digital 3D.

Fact #853

More than 450 kids read for the part of Russell. Jordan Nagai, the voice of Russell, had not planned on auditioning for the role. He accompanied his brother, an actor with some commercial and TV credits, and was asked to try out on the spot.

Fact #854

When Russell and Carl are served dinner by Muntz, Carl is actually served the scallop dish from Ratatouille.

Fact #855

Pixar started as a division of Lucasfilm before being bought by Steve Jobs for $5 million.

Fact #856

Clownfish are sequential hermaphrodites, meaning when the female of a group dies, the male changes sex/gender. Therefore, in Finding Nemo Marlin should have become a female.

Fact #857

To promote 'Ratatouille,' Disney and Pixar planned to sell wine with Remy the rat on the label. The promotion was canceled after criticism that it encouraged underage drinking.

Fact #858

The name Pixar is derived from a fictitious Spanish word meaning “to make pictures” or “to make pixels.”

Fact #859

One of the earliest teams of pre-Pixar computer animators worked on action titles including Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and Young Sherlock Holmes. 

Fact #860

In order to give Dash a realistic out-of-breath voice in The Incredibles, director Brad Bird made actor Spencer Fox run laps around the studio. 

Fact #861

All the studio’s movies include a character who is voiced by John Ratzenburger as he is regarded as “Pixar’s good luck charm.” 

Fact #862

In Cars, the character of The King is voiced by retired NASCAR driver Richard Petty. 

Fact #863

John Barry was originally hired to score The Incredibles in the style of James Bond…but left the project after scoring only a few demos. 

Fact #864

The story for A Bug’s Life is a parody of Aesop’s moral fable of hard work and preparation "The Ant and the Grasshopper."

Fact #865

Jim Hanks, Tom Hanks brother, provided the voice of Woody in all of his voice activated toys and figurines, video games and even the “Toy Story Mania” ride at Disney’s theme parks.

Fact #866

Dodie Smith’s 1956 novel, The Hundred and One Dalmatians, began as a short story called “The Great Dog Robbery.”

Fact #867

Brother Bear was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature.

Fact #868

"Dumbo” is the nickname given him by some of the other elephants, but the big-eared guy’s real name is Jumbo, Jr.

Fact #869

Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella, the voices of Timon and Pumbaa, played off each other’s performances in The Lion King so well that they were the only two actors in the film to record their dialogue together.

Fact #670

The 66-acre West Side, the largest of the three Downtown Disney areas, includes 344,000 square feet of buildings and a 9,500-square-foot area for events and entertainment. 

********

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!