Facts 541-570

Wow I haven't updated this for a while. With summatives to work on and exams coming in June it's going to be really hectic. So I'll try my best to update this and all of my other works as soon as possible. Once exams are done I have the entire summer to update so no worrys! Alright, let's get down to business shall we? *Insert music here*

Fact #541

The garden sequence was one of the last sequences in Snow White to be developed and produced.

Fact #542

In Monsters University, Mike when he was a little kid was the first cartoon character to acnollage the fact that he wished he had pockets when he found a nickel on the school bus.

Fact #543

Disneyland creator Walt Disney pioneered animated filmmaking.

Fact #544

He was also the voice actor for Mickey Mouse for two decades.

Fact #545

And attended only one year of high school before leaving.

Fact #546

Over 75 artists worked on Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.

Fact #547

Ariel’s fin is a lovely green that sparkles in the sun when she disobeys King Triton and goes up to shore.

Fact #548

Goofy is not a "dog" but a "dawg". In the world of cartooning, "dogs" are characters who cannot talk and are more closely related to the canine species (this would be Pluto.) "Dawgs" are main characters who can talk and are related to the canine species, but not necessarily as realistic as them.

Fact #549

When Walt introduced Goofy in 1932, his original name was "Dippy Dawg".

Fact #550

In the Pixar Short, One Man Band, the little girls name is Tippy. Which is perfect since the musicians are playing their fingers numb to win her favor (and that gold coin).

Fact #551

Tippy is also discovered to be a violin prodigy.

Fact #552

The Lion King was the first Disney cartoon to be dubbed into Zulu for its African release.

Fact #553

During the production of Up, the Animation Department produced an average of 4 seconds of animation a week.

Fact #554

Pixar had a group of live ostriches come to the studio for reference for Kevin. The ostriches belonged to veterinarian Dr. James Stewart. The Art Department took a field trip to his farm where he also kept zebras.

Fact #555

The Spirit of Adventure is 3,061 ft. long, which is 3.8 times longer than the Hindenburg.

Fact #556

The hat size for the giant sorcerer hat at Disney Hollywood Studios is a size 605 7/8.

Fact #557

Disney Hollywood Studios was orignally named Disney MGM Studios..... And to this day I still have no idea why they changed it -_-

Fact #558

The head of MGM studios turned down the chance to distribute Walt Disney's 'Mickey Mouse' cartoons in the late 1920s, believing the shorts would never sell, as a giant mouse on the screen would terrify women.

Fact #559

Cinderella is the second Disney Princess, joining the franchise in 1950, after Snow White in 1937. 

Fact #560

“The Band Concert” was the first Mickey Mouse cartoon in color.

Fact #561

Future directors Don Bluth ("The Secret of NIMH"), John Lasseter ("Toy Story"), Brad Bird ("Ratatouille"), Henry Selick ("Coraline") and Tim Burton ("Batman") all worked as uncredited animators on The Fox & The Hound.

Fact #562

Like "Mary Poppins," it combines live-action with animation. Overall, critics gave "Dinosaur" marginal praise, though it wasn't one of Disney's highest performers at the box office.

Fact #563

Filmmakers built a real-life version of the imagined '80s retro arcade game depicted in "Wreck-It Ralph." Called Fix-It Felix, it actually works!

Fact #564

Broadway star Idina Menzel, who plays Elsa, got filmmakers agree to raise the key of the film's big song "Let it Go" so she could really belt it out.

Fact #565

Dave from Alvin and The Chipmunks and Prince Eric from the Little Mermaid look exactly alike. 

Fact #566

Genie makes 55 transformations throughout the film of Aladdin.

Fact #567

The character design for Jafar is based on Maleficent. 

Fact #568

Disney's The Gummy Bears revolutionized Saturday Morning Cartoons.

Fact #569

Cinderella is the only Disney Princess to wear a normal servant attire inside her castle. The other princesses wear royal princess gowns inside their kingdoms.

Fact #570

Minnie Mouse has numerous family members that make appearances in various Disney cartoons. Mortimer Mouse is her uncle, and Millie and Melody Mouse are her cousins. 

**********

 I hope you all enjoyed these Disney facts as much as I did! :)