Facts 3931-3960

Saw this INCREDIBLE Walt Disney documentary! I learned so much about the man behind the mouse we all know and love. I found a few interesting facts and added them into this update! I also did some digging around on the web too. 

Enjoy!

We're just around 6,000 reads away from half a million! We can do it guys! :D 

Fact #3931
Walt Disney learned how to play Polo in the early 1930's and was actually part of a Polo League after taking long horse back rides with his wife.

Fact #3932
When WWII began, much of the Walt Disney Studios was used as a base for aircraft pilots in the US Army.

Fact #3933
Walt Disney Wonderful World of Color ended primarily because the studio felt it would be competing with the then-new Disney Channel on cable TV.

Fact #3934
Even after sixty years Disney receives complaints from parents claiming the "Night on Bald Mountain" sequence from Fantasia terrified their children.

Fact #3935
During production for Fantasia, the animators were given no instructions for coloring. Walt Disney instructed them to use any colors they wanted, a first.

Fact #3936
Walt Disney himself related the story of a chance meeting with Leopold Stokowski at Chasen's. They agreed to have dinner together. As they talked, Disney told of his plans to do "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" and other possible projects using classical music with animation. Disney said that he was stunned when Stokowski, then one of the two most famous conductors in the country (the other being Arturo Toscanini), responded by saying, "I would like to conduct that for you." It was an offer he couldn't pass up.

Fact #3937
For "The Sorcerer's Apprentice", Mickey Mouse was redesigned by Fred Moore to give him a more modern look and eyes with pupils for the first time.

Fact #3938
The voices of young and adolescent Bambi, Flower, Thumper, Mr. Mole, and a few other characters in the film have been uncredited, meaning that they haven't been acknowledged for their part. 

Fact #3939
Unusually for the time, Walt Disney insisted on children providing the voices for the animals in Bambi when they were young, instead of using adults mimicking youngsters.

Fact #3940
There are approximately only 1,000 words of dialog throughout the entire film of Bambi.

Fact #3941
No matter how skilled the animator, the Disney cartoonists simply could not draw Bambi's father's antlers accurately. This was because of the very complicated perspectives required. To get round the problem, a plaster cast was made of some real antlers which was then filmed at all angles. This footage was then turned onto animation cells.

Fact #3942
Two asteroids were named after Bambi and Thumper.

Fact #3943
Initially Walt Disney was uninterested in making Bambi. To get him interested, story men Joe Grant and Dick Huemer wrote up the film as installments which they left on Walt's desk every morning. Finally, he ran into the story department saying, "This is great! What happens next?"

Fact #3944
In December 1941, Time magazine planned to have "Dumbo" on its cover to commemorate its success, but it was dropped due to the attack on Pearl Harbor. 

Fact #3945
The scene in 101 Dalmatians where the puppies suckle from some friendly cows attracted a lot of criticism at the time of release as it was deemed to be inappropriate for a children's film.

Fact #3946
Out of the 15 puppies Perdita gives birth to, only 6 are named.

Fact #3947
Cruella's car is based of a Rolls-Royce Phantom.

Fact #3948
The Three Caballeros premiered in Mexico City on December 21st, 1944.

Fact #3949
Caballeros means "Gentlemen" or "Knight" in Spanish.

Fact #3950
Before animating the fight between Tramp and the rat, animator Wolfgang Reitherman kept rats in a cage next to his desk to study their actions.

Fact #3951
The 2013 version of the cartoon "Get A Horse!" was Walt Disney's first voice credit in 58 years. 

Fact #3952

In "Get A Horse!", look for a cameo by Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. He appears near the end peering from behind the torn screen.

Fact #3953
The producers went through every single Mickey Mouse cartoon produced between 1928 and 1947 to get archive recording's of Walt Disney voice for "Get A Horse!".

Fact #3954
There is currently a new 3DS Gravity Falls game that is out right now! It's called "Gravity Falls: Legend Of The Gnome Gemulets".

Fact #3955
Walt's signature was not his signature. His famous signature was not made by him, and bore no resemblance to his actual signed name.

Fact #3956
WestJet recently designed a special "Frozen" plane. 

Fact #3957
When Walt was in the hospital when it was discovered he had cancer, his older brother Roy visited him early in the morning everyday and when he would stay late, Walt would point up to the tiles of the ceiling and share his vision of Walt Disney World with his brother. 

Fact #3958
According to the show's creators of Austin & Ally, Ally almost had a brother. Her brother was actually written into one of the pilot drafts, but was later cut.

Fact #3959
Calum Worthy who plays Dez in Austin & Ally was born in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. (My homeland!)

Fact #3960
Calum Worthy has made guest appearances on R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour and Supernatural.

******

I hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!