Facts 1081-1110

We have reached over 20,000 reads! Thank you everyone for our continued support for this book.

Now I know I have received some comments about numerous facts being repeated in different pages. My apologizes about that, I will try not to keep doing that awful habit.

I have some brand new facts here that will really knock your socks off!

I hope you enjoy them!

Fact #1081

When the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were in their toy licencing stage, Disney considered buying the rights, but declined in the end thinking they wouldn't sell.

Fact #1082 

Snow White makes a cameo appearance in Aladdin and the King of Thieves when Genie turns Jasmine into Snow White. 

Fact #1083 

Cinderella is the first Disney Princess to be seen as a little girl, before Tiana in 2009 and Rapunzel in 2010. 

Fact #1084 

Cinderella is derived from the French word Cendrillon, which translates in English as "little ash girl".

Fact #1085 

Princess Aurora is the second Disney Princess to be saved by "true love's kiss".

Fact #1086 

Aurora is the first Disney Princess to be initially unaware of her identity as a princess, the second being Rapunzel. 

Fact #1087 

The real name of Pocahontas is Matoaka, while Pocahontas is her nickname. However, this isn't mentioned in any of the Disney films. 

Fact #1088 

The voice of Ursula was supposed to be Bea Arthur, but she dropped out of the film due to "Golden Girls" conflicts.

Fact #1089 

The scene where Ariel is on the rock in the ocean hearkens back to the famous "Little Mermaid" statue in Copenhagen's harbor.

Fact #1090 

Ariel will be making an appearance in the new season of ABC's Once Upon A Time, who will be played by Joanna García.

Fact #1091 

During the production of The Princess & The Frog, there was a lot of controversy. Black-Americans objected to the lead character original name, ‘Maddy’ because they claimed it to be a slave name. It was later changed to Tiana.

Fact #1092 

101 Dalmatians was so incredibly successful that it was rereleased in theaters four more times after its initial run, and it inspired two live-action remakes. 

Fact #1093 

Hitler's favourite film was Disney's Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs. It was discovered in a muesuem in Norway where they found a few drawings of Bashful and Doc he drew as a child. 

Fact #1094 

The "Do You Want To Build a Snowman" scene in Frozen almost wasn't in the movie.

Fact #1095 

It took up to 4,000 computers and 30 hours to make one frame fo Frozen.

Fact #1096 

It took over 50 people to make the the scene of Elsa building her ice palace during her musical number.

Fact #1097 

To study the effects of snow and ice, Dr. Ken Libbrecht (aka Dr. Snow) of CalTech was brought in to show how snowflakes are formed.

Fact #1098 

The research team also took a trip to Wyoming to study what it was like to walk and trudge through snow in a dress. Even the male members of the team joined in.

Fact #1099 

Anna’s catchphrase “Wait, what?” is actually something that Kristen Bell says a lot. 

Fact #1100 

Yui Ishikawa who voices Mikasa Ackerman in the popular anime Attack On Titan, provided the voice for Anna and Elsa in the Japanese version of Frozen.

Fact #1101 

In Wreak It Ralph, he hub world is a power strip, but during production it was orignally an Xbox hard drive.

Fact #1102 

Disney recruited professional football players who provided the models for the muscular guys in Hero’s Duty for Wreak It Ralph.

Fact #1103 

King Candy’s safe has a Nintendo Entertainment System controller as its interface. The password combination he enters is “UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, B, A, START”, which is a common cheat code used by game developer, Konami, in their early Nintendo game titles.

Fact #1104 

The design of the Hub World was inspired by Grand Central Station.

Fact #1105 

On the official website for Wreak It Ralph, you can play Fix It Felix, Hero's Duty, and Sugar Rush.

Fact #1106 

In the Disney Animation Studios, there’s a race track graphic on the wall with each department’s completion percentage racing around the track. 

Fact #1107 

Before Wreck-It Ralph, Disney had unsuccessfully been developing two video game films: High Score and Joe Jump. Sadly both of them were scrapped.

Fact #1108 

The outfits of the Nicelanders were heavily influenced by the 2011 Royal Wedding, which was going on as they were being designed.

Fact #1109 

The world of Planes Fire and Rescue was inspired by some of the popular National Parks including Yosemite, Yellowstone and Sequoia National Park.

Fact #1110 

When doing research for the film, the creators brought their families to the Redondo Beach Fire Station. The firefighters were so welcoming to letting the kids climb on the firetrucks and show them everything and how it works. They designed the yellow fire truck, Pulaski, as a tribute to the Redondo Beach Engine 64.

*********

I hope you all enjoyed these facts!