Facts 961-990

As of this updated fact page, this book has over 8,000 reads! :D

Thank you all so much for your continued support. From now on I'm going to continuing thanking you guys every update since the hits are growing like crazy now so get used to it! xD

When I told my dad the news he was shocked. He had no idea you could do this kind of stuff online. He was very impressed. He enjoyed the facts about Oswald the Lucky Rabbit and the Beatles breaking up at one of the Disney Hotels. And don't get me started about the one with Donald Duck being banned from Finland ;)

Right, on to the facts!

Fact #961

Luigi from "Cars" made a cameo apperance in "Finding Nemo" which at the time, the talking car, animated film was still in production.

Fact #962

In “Aladdin”, there was a scene where Genie and Aladdin were trying to figure out how to woo Princess Jasmine. For a brief moment, Genie transforms his head into Pinocchio’s.

Fact #963

"The Hunchback of Notre Dame" is based off the book written by Victor Hugo.

Fact #964

Every time the White Rabbit's watch is seen, it is always 12:25.

Fact #965

Hercules was the first Disney animated feature to be completely inspired by mythology rather than fairy tale. 

Fact #966

The number on Bolt's dog tag is the address of Disney's feature animation building. 

Fact #967

Tangled was the first Disney Princess movie to receive a PG rating.

Fact #968

John Candy, Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Martin Short, John Goodman, and Albert Brooks were all considered at one point to provide the voice of the Genie.

Fact #969

Not only did Frank Welker (Famous for the voice of Megatron from the Transformers) voice Abu in Aladdin, he also provided the voice for the Nazi Monkey in "Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Fact #970

Linda Larkin, who voices Princess Jasmine, was nearly fired and had to re-audition for the role halfway into the film after Katzenberg thought she didn't sound "regal" enough.

Fact #971

The Goofy hat and Hawaiian shirt that the Genie wears at the end of the film is a nod to Williams's wardrobe in a short he did for the Disney/MGM Studios tour in the late '80s.

Fact #972

Alice in Wonderland holds the record for most songs in a Disney film.

Fact #973

Walt Disney wanted to open and run a Chinese restaurant in the heart of Disneyland.

Fact #974

On July 4th 1979, Teresa Salcedo was born in Disneyland and Disney officials held a special ceremony for her and her parents in front of Sleeping Beauty's castle, rewarding them the first ever Disneyland Birth Certificate.

Fact #975

The water at the waterfall in The Adventures of Huck Finn had to be pumped in as the water source isn’t as free-flowing as it was in the past, and can be visited by tourists today at Owen’s Creek on the Natchez Trace Parkway in Mississippi.

Fact #976

An oversize watch that features Mickey Mouse can be seen on Andy's wall in "Toy Story 2".

Fact #977

In the movie "Tarzan," the elephant blows bubbles with some forming into the shape of Mickey Mouse's head.

Fact #978

King Triton attends a concert in "The Little Mermaid" that has some mermaids can be seen wearing the Mickey Mouse ears.

Fact #979

In Aladdin as the camera pans over to the palace from village houses, the viewer can see satellite dishes and the golden arches of McDonald's.

Fact #980

Frozen won Disney its first Oscar since Tarzan.

Fact #981

The scene where Elsa walks out on her ice palace’s balcony took 132 hours to complete 218 frames and was the film’s longest frame to animate.

Fact #982

Big Hero 6 is the first Marvel based story Disney has made, taking place in a city that's a combination of Tokyo and San Fransisco.

Fact #983

Glen Keane who was part of the animation team for The Little Mermaid based the design of Ariel off of his wife.

Fact #984

The Spice Girls were considered to voice the Muses in Hercules.

Fact #985

In the animated film Pegasus was created by clouds on Olympus, but in greek mythology he was actually created by the blood of Medusa.

Fact #986

One of the bugs Timon pulls out of the log during "Hakuna Matata" is wearing Mickey Ears.

Fact #987

The chairs used in the Dining Room scene in "The Haunted Mansion" were used for the final scene in Disney's re-imagineered Pirates of the Caribbean attraction.

Fact #988

In Aladdin when the rocks are disappearing into the lava, if you listen very, very, very closely and carefully, Abu actually swears.

Fact #989

22% of Disney villians are above the age of 55.

Fact #990

Fans state that Frozen was the first Disney movie to teach girls that they don't need a man to save them, however that is clearly not the case.

*******

Hope you all enjoyed these facts as much as I did!