Surrender

"No...Shaon...no… please!!! It hurts! Sha…" Blood was seeping through her wrists as the thin chains were cutting through her skin. The chains were making ear scratching sound as they were pulled higher. 

"It should hurt darling! The silver will burn deep into your skin… and then it will end you slowly…"

"Why are you doinwha-at do you wa...nt? Fuckkkk!!!" She  screamed in pain and agony, "Shaon, why ?"

" Because, as a warlock and the true heir of the high priest, I mustn't let some hybrid be a high priestess. Actually, there shouldn’t be a high priestess, let alone a hybrid." The man pressed his fingers over the tight chains around the woman's wrist, elevating the pain she was going through. 

"You're doing this just for power? Seriously?"

" No! Of course not! I'm doing this even for those wolves, who hate the idea of a hybrid woman being their Alpha. " The man mocked, while taking out a shiny dagger from his waistband, " you know, bloodlines should be kept pure, especially if they are of leaders."

" I thought… so power is more important...than...love…"   

"Look! Duty and power come first. I will have enough time later to find someone to love… "

She didn’t let him complete his words. 

"Fuck you!" She spit on his face in anger, " you are nothing but a fucking coward…backstabber… " She could not complete her words as the chains around her wrists started to tighten, escalating the already unbearable pain. She could figure out the man putting extra pressure on the silver chains around her wrists, even with her blurred vision.  

"You know… I had even thought about keeping you! As a purpose of entertainment… But now I wonder, maybe you are too disobedient to suit my taste! And I won't prefer my whore to whoring around a bloodsucker bitch!" The man was gritting his teeth in anger. Clenching his jaw , he brought out the long dagger in front of her face. 

Her eyes widened in fear. 

"You remember this?" The man jibed at her, " you should. You have gifted me this, on our anniversary… last year...I wonder how will it look , while slashing through your pretty tongue… "

"No… no...don't... Shaon...this is so wrong…"

"Open your pretty mouth...be a good girl… stick out your tongue…" The man opened his own mouth and stuck out his tongue in an attempt to   mock her… 

She looked away. And immediately one of those hands of the man tightened around her jaw, directing her teary face forcefully in his own direction. 

"Open your pretty mouth, or this dagger will go directly into your chest… " 

He was not joking. 

She felt the sharp tip of the dagger on her chest. Just a small push ; and she would be over. 

"Just kill me…end this… It'll  be better… " she surrendered in despite , feeling her own tears making their way to her tongue.

"Not so easily… open your fucking mouth… " the dagger pressed on her chest, started to trail through her tattered clothes, travelling below, to the right side of her abdomen . She realized its destination --- the nasty wound on her abdomen,   which was yet to heal, still bleeding… 

"Ahhhhhhh…" She cried out, as soon as the tip of the silver dagger touched the bleeding wound on her stomach … 

Saranya's eyes shot open.