Interview

*Saranya

"There is a thing called 'knocking', which is I think is known by every civil person? So what are you? An asshole? Dumbfuck!" Rage was shooting through every inch of my body. I was trying hard to control my anger, but every attempt turned to be futile.

"I am sorry Ma'am", Sohini shuddered meekly, my tall and slender structure in front of her was enough to intermediate her. 

"I..I reall-ly didn...," word that flowed from her lips angered me more by the second. My patience was running out and my temper was flaring. Rage boiled through my body.

I pursed my lips and raised my hand back. I threw my hand forward as hard as I could, whipping it across her face. The crack of skin contacting skin echoed off the walls. 

"Get the fuck out of the room before I break your neck." I snarled.

Sohini stared at me with her eyes wide as her hand slowly made it to her fire red cheeks. 

"I'm really sorry, if I had known she was so important to you, I would have been cautious," bowing her head, she mumbled and left the room immediately. 

Rubbing my temples, I turned around to check the girl who was lying unconscious on my bed.

"Please, don't kill me. I don't wanna die." a low plead came out from the girl's mouth. She has awakened. Still lying on the bed, looking at me with her wide teary eyes full of terror. She must have seen me slapping Sohini or at least heard it. The sound was enough to awake a dead man. Fear was clearly evident in her eyes. Great! Now damage controlling will be even harder. 

"Are you alright?" I inquired the girl. 

She was surprised, definitely. She hadn't expected this question. Her blank gaze was fixed on me.

"I asked you a question! " I pressed a little.

"Huh? Yes, I-i am al-alright." She tried to get up from the bed and settled herself in the corner of the mattress.Still terrified, she wrapped her arms around her knees,burying her face there. 

Ok. Now I am questioning myself. Am I that petrifying? Or is it just this girl? 

"I am not going to hurt you, until and unless you are following my orders," I said calmly while positioning myself on a large armchair. 

"Come here." I said softly,while tying my hair in a bun.

She didn't move an inch. As expected. 

"Just a second ago, I have assured you that I would not hurt you. But I gave you a condition, to obey me," this time a little irritation was evident in my voice. 

Well, she got out of bed. Not much option was left to her. She got a little disbalanced at first, but then she steadied herself, and approached me with small steps.

Fear and uncertainty were visible on her eyes. Her lips were still trembling, looking like she is in verge of breaking down. A stinging pain started to rise in my chest. Seeing her in such a manner made me question myself, to make her mine I shouldn't take away her happiness. Something must be done. For the first time in the last five years I actually felt like the old Saranya. 

She finally came in front of me, standing, narrowing her eyes, avoiding eye contact. I could smell the tension in her mind.

"Sit down," I commanded softly, patting the arm of the small sofa beside me.

She hesitated, eyeing me suspiciously, but took the sit anyway. 

"Don't worry. I won't bite." I smirked, "I suppose, we had an interview planned for today." Nina's eyes widened with shock, "Let's start it." I said, taking her phone out of the small chest of drawers beside the armchair.