Letting in

At first there was fear. Fear finding the man whose memories had traumatized her for years.

Then there came pain. Agony. Finding the man who nearly destroyed the peace in Baba and her life within a few hours.

And moments later as the strong arms of his guards held her back from running away, all those fear and pain turned into sheer anger.

 Hatred.     

For the man who hadn't thought twice before laying his hands on a girl who used to look upon him as a guardian. In the world where she had accepted herself as an outcast, he was the only person apart from her father she had relied on. 

"You fucking bastard… " Nina clenched her teeth in anger finding that same man laughing before her. "You destroyed everything… " She tried to lunge forward and attack the man, to let her wolf cut this man into pieces — but her attempts went futile. Without her wolf's complete cooperation, she was still not enough for the two guards holding her back.     

Noticing Nina jerking her wrists with all of her force to free herself from the iron grip of the guards when the man smirked at her devilishly. "I'm afraid all of your attempts would go in vain, little bird." Nina's eyes widened noticing the man lifting his hand, his long and blunt fingers were getting closer to her face. It made her cringe. " you are still so weak. Kid, you are mine. You'll never be able to match me. Accept… "

But an infuriated Nina didn’t let him finish his words.  " I will fucking kill you. You sick motherfucker… " Just when his index finger was about to touch her cheeks, after hovering around her face for which seemed decades, Nina spat on his face.  Rage and hatred were shooting through her veins as she freed herself from those iron grips by a sudden jerk and charged at the man. 

All of those happened at sudden, catching everyone off guard. 

"Who's weak now?" Busy appreciating her hands around the man's neck, as he was struggling lying on his back on the ground to get her off from him, she whispered. It felt to her like the beast was coming back from its slumber, as she noticed the man's rising struggle… it was getting hard for him to breathe. 

"Hold her back…fuckers…" The man was seriously struggling to catch a breath by then. And his incoherent pants were completely ignored by Nina. She sensed those two men trying hard to pull her away from their boss, but immediately jerked away from her. 

"She is protected… by something… someone…"

"What?"    

Her ears were catching those fragments of  panics escaping from those guards and their boss. But her attention was only on the face of the man,the way her hands were nearly choking him to death,  his twisted facial expression… his hands clenching to hers, trying to escape from her grip. It made her smile. The suffering seemed too pleasurable to her. She didn’t even flinched for once as a strong fist punched her face.  Once, twice. Maybe her nose was bleeding… but she never even thought about loosening her grip. 

Then suddenly, that same fist went for her neck. Taking off something from there. Nina's eyes widened seeing her scarf in that man's hand. Without even knowing Nina's grip started to slide away from that man's neck. 

"So this is it? Our little bird is a slave? Owned by some Royal?" The man sneered , dangling the scarf in front of her face, "once a dog, will always remain a dog."

Again that same hammering inside her chest. The pain of being such an insignificant part of someone's life for whom she had been started caring. 

That man hit on point!