Reality Sucks

Sohini

"Ma'am, the Queen has called for you," as soon as I reached the first floor a guard informed me.

I was expecting it, sooner or later. Even if Saranya hadn't called for me I would have gone to her, by myself. Some matters need to be discussed as soon as possible. 

"I am heading there. You can leave now," commanding the guard I went for Saranya's room.

Two guards were guarding at her door, as usual. I had never understood her purpose of putting them in front of her door. I mean, no one dared to cross her or spoke against her ever, let alone try to harm her inside this house. Wastage of manpower. 

I was about to knock the door, when Saranya's voice beamed from the room, "Come inside!"

Boy! She isn't in a very decent mood. 

I got inside, closing the door behind me. She was seated on her favourite armchair, with eyes closed, her head was relaxing on the headboard of the armchair. 

"So, may I know what discussions were you having with Neel?" the first question was shot to me, as soon as I turned around. 

"Calm down, Your Majesty," I prodded while opening the wine cabinet of hers. I took out a bottle of whiskey and two glasses, " I know you want to slap me again! But we can do in a civilised manner..."

"Like what? While drinking whiskey?" she retorted, eyeing me sharply from head to toe. 

"Yes, absolutely," I put the glasses and the bottle on the table confidently, "by the way, why do you keep these guards outside of your room? They don't even have any proper utilisation. "

"Get us some ice," as soon as she barked those words, a guard hurriedly got inside the room, to bring ice for our 'civilised conversation with Whiskey.'

"For household chores," she smirked. 

Muscular vampire and werewolf bouncers for household chores. Seems legit.

"Why were you discussing about Nina with Neel?" she interrogated, "May I know now?"

"Why have you put a fucking collar around Nina's neck, may I know?" I countered while pouring the whiskey in the glasses. I am hellbent prepared for this.

"She is mine," Saranya hissed, "I will do anything I wish to do to her." Her eyes were full of a burning coldness.

"If so, your childhood human buddy asked me about your new toy and I told him about it." 

"She is not a toy." Saranya growled at me, eyeing me like a lethal predator, " mind your fucking tongue."

"Exactly, that is my point! She is not a toy." I said softly, trying to calm Saranya down,"get this clearly. Please. She is not your property. She is your equal. You can't just collar her or do whatever you want to do to her," desperation was visible in my voice, I really wanted this to work out for Saranya. 

"She is a wolf and she hasn't felt her wolf for the past four years. The wolf of her got awaken last night, most probably after sensing me. The dormant wolf can come out anytime soon. The collar is to protect her so that no one will hurt her." Saranya's voice was still very cold but calmer than before," and yes, also, she is my possession, even if she is my equal. The collar is also a way to inform everyone, that she is mine." Saranya's eyes were pitch black, aggression was clearly visible there. 

"You are incorrigible." I groaned lifting my hands up in the air, "mark my words. Change your perspectives, or it will ruin your each and every chance with Nina."