The Thing About Love...

Love by Cody Simpson^

"Where's Georgia?" Charles asks as we were hanging up the birthday banner.

I made sure it was straight, sadly, then stepped down from the ladder and looked at it. "Um, I made her go out to get something."

Charles steps down, looks at the banner then looks over at me. "Where?"

I chuckled. "I just told her to go buy me some chocolate milk from the grocery store." I look over at him. "I needed her to be gone."

"I understand, but aren't you afraid she'd be back any minute?"

Shrugging, I grabbed some more tape before stepping on the ladder. "Maybe." I said as I taped down the part that was trying to come undone.

"I have cake!"

I look towards the entrance of the living room and saw Kaylee smiling, holding a box which had the cake in it.

Dakota walks in after her and looks at her. "Kitchen, Kaylee."

Kaylee runs out and Dakota looks over at me before smiling. I step off the ladder and walk over to her. I pull her into a hug and step back as she's looking around.

"It's coming together."

I nod as I looked around. "Yeah. I had some help from Charles and Tyler, but that's about it. They're boys so they don't know what the hell they're doing."

She laughs then looks around then I heard a small voice. I look around her and saw her daughter running in before running into Dakota's leg and holding on.

"Mommy!"

Dakota picks her up and smiles at her before looking over at me. "You met Destiny."

"Hey, Destiny." I waved and she looks at me then smiles. "She's so cute. Where's Emma?"

Dakota looks over her shoulder just in time for Emma to walk in. She kisses Dakota's cheek before looking at me and smiling. "Hey, Kenna. How are you?"

I nod. "Doing great, Mrs. White."

She looks around and smiles in approval. "This looks good."

I nod, looking around before hearing the door shut and more voices echoing off the wall. I saw two women walk in, but didn't know them except for one, who was Kaylee's mom.

"This is Alexis and Jordan." Dakota said.

Alexis walks over to me and introduces herself. Jordan's next and I shake her hand. I caught Alexis looking around and her eyes met mine.

"Is this your place?"

I shook my head. "My girlfriends."

She nods, smiling. "Cool."

After a few minutes, I heard more people coming in and I knew those voices all too well. I excused myself from everyone as I ran to the doorway and jumped into Oliver's arms.

"Woah!" He grabbed me then sat me down. "What the hell, Kenna?"

Olivia cleared her throat and glared at Oliver for cussing. I smiled at her when she looks over at me. "Hey, Kenna." I hugged her. "How are you?" She asks as we pull back.

"I'm great." I look over at Sam and smiled. "Hi, Sam." She pulls me into a hug and asks how I'm doing.

I look around to see everyone and I couldn't be more happier at the moment. We had everyone here and it felt good.