Perfect

Charles and I walked into the classroom for detention after school. As soon as we stepped foot in the room, everyone was staring at us and they looked like they wanted to beat us up.

This were the type of kids that belonged in here, not us.

I took a sit at the desk in the front, along with Charles as he sat next to me. I look around and noticed a few boys were staring at us and it made me want to hide under the desk.

"Pay no attention." Charles says.

I look at him. "It's kind of hard not to when they all look like they want to murder us."

He shrugs then takes his notebook out and a book. I don't understand how he's ok with everyone watching our every move.

When the teacher came in, he gave us instructions to either be quiet or do our homework.

I just stayed quiet.

Until I realized that I had that project tomorrow. I mentally groan as I took out my notebook and a pencil.

I stared at the paper in front of me and was thinking about what to write, then I remembered that I can't remember what Georgia even wants us to write.

"Hey," I whispered to Charles. "what did Georgia want us to write for our project? I can't remember."

He gave me a confused look until he realized who I meant. "Oh yeah. Um, I think she said something that makes you really happy or some shit like that."

"Thanks." I said as that really didn't help.

I watched the teacher as I took my phone out and texted Georgia.

Hey, um I forgot what the project was about haha

I sent the text then stared at the notebook. It's hard remembering shit when everything else has been happening around me lately.

After a few minutes, I heard my phone vibrate. I looked down to see a text from Georgia.

Something that brings you happiness. Like, genuine happiness.

I smile as I read the text then sent her one back.

Oh ok. Gotcha thanks.

I began writing as soon as the pencil hit the notebook. It was as if my mind was thinking for me without any real thoughts running through my head.

I already had half a page done when I felt my phone vibrate.

I look down at the text.

No problem. Don't forget to come over ;)

I felt my heart start racing as I swallowed then sent her a text back.

Ok

I placed my phone in my pocket and took a deep breath and continued to write.

I really got into it as I finished the first page of the paper, now I was on the back.

The smile that was on my face the whole time I was writing was something that was noticable, even for Charles.

"You're really into that." He chuckled.

I nodded but continued to write. I wanted to make this really good, especially for Georgia.

I couldn't wait until she read it.