Only Solution

"You look terrible, Kenna. Did you sleep enough last night?" Charles asked as we were leaning against some lockers, sitting on the floor.

I shook my head then leaned it against the locker. I sighed. "I tried so hard to sleep but couldn't."

"I'm sorry, Kenna. You wanna talk about it?"

I shook my head. "It's the same shit again, Charles."

He watches me for a moment. "It's Miss Kelly again?" I nod then he sighs. "I'm sorry, Kenna. I wish there was something I could do."

"Get her out of my head."

He looks at me, worried. "I wish it was that easy."

I lean my head forward. "Me too."

I hate these feelings. Sometimes they're ok and I can control them, then other times it's so bad that I can't think right. She's always in the back of my head and there's nothing I can do, besides suffer.

"The only solution is-"

I groan. "I know, Charles. I can't do that though."

He wants me to talk to her about it. Tell her everything, but he doesn't realize the consequences that come with telling a teacher that you like them.

"Talking to her would solve a lot of the problems you're dealing with."

I turn my head to look at him. "It will also cause more problems. She's my teacher and she's an adult, plus she'll think I'm a fucking creep."

"You never know, Kenna. She might feel the same." He smiled.

I groan. Charles wasn't helping the situation at the moment. I knew he was trying to help. I appreciate him for that, but it's harder than he thinks.

I can't just go to Miss Kelly and tell her everything. It was impossible.

"How fucking crazy is it that she had your love letter. The one that you wrote two years ago. The one you poured your heart out to, explaining everything you loved about her and how you really felt, and she didn't read it." He looks at me as I look back at him. "It doesn't make sense. If I was her, I would of read it."

I shrug as I didn't really think about it a lot. I was just glad she didn't read it. It did amaze me that she didn't read it, but I don't second guess it.

"Unless," Charles speaks, then sits there and thinks for a moment. "unless she did but she's telling you she didn't." He looks over at me.

I gave him a confused look. "Why would she do that?" It didn't make sense.

"Maybe she wanted to see if her feelings for you were real enough, so she's waiting for the right moment." He smiles.

I roll my eyes. "Yeah, ok. That makes so much sense." I gave him a confused look. "She did not read it. She told me she didn't."

"And you believe her?" He asks.

I watch him for a moment until his eyes left mine and looked down the hall, past me. I followed his eyes until I saw Miss Kelly walking down the hall. She was holding a coffee container. She had a camo sweatshirt on, jeggings and converses.

I couldn't take my eyes off of her. Until she looks over at me and we make eye contact. I could feel my face blush as I quickly look away.

I heard Charles cackling next to me. I look over at him and threaten to hit him. He jumped over then smiled up, past me.

"Good morning Charles. Good morning, Kenna." I look up to see her smiling at me.

I smile back then heard Charles. "Good morning, Miss Kelly. How are you this gorgeous morning?"