Past Tense

"So?" I ask as I'm following Tyler around the house, begging for his approval.

He stops to look at me. "I don't know, Kenna." He crosses his arms. "What did you make on your test yesterday?"

I smile as I grabbed my backpack and took out the test we had yesterday, then gave it to him. I watch as he looks at the top of the paper and has a surprised look on his face.

"I didn't get anything wrong. Miss Kelly told me that I was the highest in any class." I smiled.

He nods then hands it back. "That's great, Kenna." He sighs then runs his hand through his hair. "Are you sure Charles' parents are ok with you going with them? Shouldn't I talk to them?"

"No." I shook my head. "They said it was fine. I'll have my phone on me so you can call."

He watches me for a moment before sighing. "Fine. But I will be calling you every few hours or minutes. You better answer. Plus, I want Charles' parents numbers."

"Dude, don't be like that. It's Charles. You know him."

Tyler needed to chill. He usually isn't this bad, but ever since that night with the twins, he has been overprotective on everything I do.

It's driving me crazy.

After a few minutes of him talking about whatever, I finally got to leave. Of course I had a plan on how to pull this off so Tyler wouldn't get suspicious.

I told Charles what was going on and I told him the plan that he needed to follow in order to keep Tyler's suspicion down.

I waited outside until Charles pulls up. I smile as I get into the passenger seat and look over at him. "Thank you so damn much."

"Anything for you." He smiles. "So, where are you and Miss Kelly going? Somewhere new to fuck?"

I stare at him for a moment. "Shut the hell up. I regret telling you anything."

I told Charles about that evening with Georgia, although I regret it deeply since he wouldn't shut up about it.

"Have you heard from Oliver?" He asks.

I nod. "Yeah, he said that the twins hasn't been around lately. So, maybe they left him alone. I haven't seen them neither, so.."

When Oliver told me that he hasn't seen the twins lately, I thought that they would be hiding out, waiting. But it's been a few days and I haven't seen them anymore.

Maybe they gave up.

When we pulled up at her house, I told him to stick to the plan before running up to the door and knocking.

I waved at Charles as he left then turned around in time for Georgia to open the door. She smiles at me as I walk in.

She shuts the door and pulls me to her. She cups my face then presses her lips against mine.

I smiled against her lips then I grab her waist as she deepens the kiss.

Once we pull back, she leans her forehead against mine and smiles at me. "Ready?"

"Yes." I smile as she grabs her keys then we both walk out of the door.

*

The mall was so much bigger than the other one. It was crazy. I never been here, because there wasn't any reason to drive all the way here for the mall, but holy shit.

Georgia and I were walking hand in hand as we walked through the mall, looking at different stores, making fun of the clothes that were on the mannequins.