One-on-One

I walked inside the house and saw Tyler sitting on the couch. When he looks over at me, I knew that it was time to explain everything.

By the look on his face, he wasn't happy.

I slightly smile as I walk over to him then stop. "Hey."

"Don't, Kenna." He stood but never broke eye contact with me. "Where have you been?"

"I told you, I was at a-"

He held his hand up. "A friends? What friend? I called Charles and he said he hasn't seen you since yesterday."

I watched him for a moment. "Why would you call him? You don't trust me?"

"I don't like being lied to, Kenna. You've been doing it a lot lately." He shrugs. "My trust for you is on thin ice."

I sigh then ran my hands through my hair. I looked at him as he was standing there, waiting. "I was with this girl who I use to date, ok? It was about a year ago since we broke up. We met at the bar then I stayed over at her house. Ok?"

He stood there for a moment. "Who?"

"That girl you saw a year ago. The one who was looking for me."

He tilts his head a little. "The one I saw you with today?"

I nod. "Yep."

"Where did you meet her at? You said you broke up a year ago?"

I sigh. "Dude, I don't want to answer so many questions."

"I want to know who this girl is. Does she live around here? Goes to school? How old is she?" He kept on and on with the questions.

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a juice from the fridge. I turned to see him watching me with his arms crossed. I took a sip then smiled at him. "You want the truth?"

"Of course."

I smiled then motioned for him to sit at the table with me. We scooted our chairs to the table and I began telling him every little thing. I did not leave out one single detail on anything.

Between liking her the first time I saw her, the love letter she read that I wrote to her, the way our relationship happened, her cheating, me being heartbroken over it, to now.

Oh and her being my teacher.

He leans back and stares at me. "Wow." He sighs. "Is she the reason you drink?"

"More or less." I said.

It hurt admitting that to Georgia, herself, but she was basically the reason. Plus, it was my stupid self, so there's that.

"She better treat you better than before. If she breaks your heart and you end up killing yourself, I'll find her myself."

I smile then punch his arm. "You won't have to worry about that. I'm not suicidal when it comes to heartbreak."

He pulls me into a hug and pats my back. "I'm happy for you."

We pull back and I smile at him. "Thanks."

He stood up and walks over to the stove. "You want anything to eat?"

"No." I look over at him. "I already ate at Georgia's."

He nods then starts looking through the cabinets. "Well, then I'll make me some food."

I smile as I ran to give him a hug then ran upstairs to my room. I knew I had to text Charles and tell him everything, but since he knew that Georgia was somewhat part of my drinking problem and depression, I'm not sure if he'll like it or not.