17

As we raced off towards the island, I looked up towards the sky.

There were just a couple intermediate clouds out in the sky when I was looking at the stars, but now, there was a huge, and by huge, I mean huge, cloud in the sky.

"Um, R-Roman." I look back over to where Roman was. Damn, he's already that much ahead of me? "Roman!" I call out, trying to get his attention.

I forced myself to fly faster (though it was extremely hard) and I somewhat caught up to him.

"Roman!" I huffed, out of breath from flying so fast. "Roman, we n-need to turn back ar-around!"

"You're just trying to trick me!" Roman shouted.

"N-no, Roman, I-" I get cut off.

"Ha! I won!" Roman landed on the island quickly after saying that.

"That's the least of my worries right now!" I snapped. "THAT!" I pointed at the giant cloud after landing. "IS WHAT I'M WORRIED ABOUT!"

"Wh- holy shi- Virgil?! Are you okay?" Roman looked at me. I had started hyperventilating and quietly sobbing.

Our prosthetic wings are made of metal we're pretty much lightning rods out in the middle of nowhere and we're probably gonna die if we stay out here in the storm and-

My thoughts get cut off by a bright flash and a loud boom.

"ROMAN!" I scream, terrified. "ROMAN, I'M SCARED!" I jump onto his chest and hug him tightly while sobbing.

Just then, a huge sheet of rain starts pouring down on us.

"Hey, uh, it's ok?" Romans supposed-to-be-comforting words, came out as more of a question. "Did you bring your phone?"

"N-no, it's in m-my, my jacket." I said between sobs.

"Fuck." Roman whispered. "Okay, just, uh... Think of the positive?"

"I'M FUCKING ANXIETY! YOU THINK I CAN THINK OF POSITIVE THINGS?!" I screamed.

"Okay, okay." Roman looked away from me and mumbled something along the lines of 'didnt.. you were.. fucking period'. "Then I'll help you think of positive things." He said, looking back over at me.

"What did you say?" I ask.

"I'll help you think of positive things?" He raised an eyebrow.

"No, b-before that." I try to forget about the storm that's currently taking place.

"Uhhhhh.. it was nothing..." He looks around awkwardly.

"No it wasn't." I looked at him as if he just said '2+2=5'.

"You'll be mad at me if I tell you."

"I promise I won't."

"I said 'I didn't know you were on your fucking period'." He looked at me as if I was about to punch him in the face.

A few seconds go by as I process what he said.

"Oh my god." I wheezed then bursted out laughing.

We laughed for around 3 minutes before we finally calmed down.

"Am I really this funny?" Roman asked.

"No." I said seriously, then we laughed for another minute.

"Okokokokokokokokokok, we need to remember that we're stranded on a fucking island right now in the middle of a thunderstorm and have no way of communicating with anyone but each other." I took a huge gasp of air after saying that.

"Oh fuck, I forgot about that."

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 547

I hope you don't hate me for doing this...