Raven Drago

This is a story my friend HareeFaree wrote! Enjoy!

Raven Drago

I hate Saturdays.

Especially this one.

After an entire day of being pushed around by the "children of Aphrodite" and the "children of Ares", I trudged home. Every body could tell that those fakers were mortals.

Like me.

But I accepted that I wasn't as great as those heroes.

I pushed my hood over my head. It was starting to rain. Laughing, I pulled my hands out of my pockets and looked to the sky. The rain was beautiful.

Suddenly I stopped. My fellow mortals were gaping at me in fear. I shrugged it off. I was used to stares.

I was 13. Black hair, tan skin, more muscular and lithe than most girls my age. I did a lot of sports, boxing being one of them.

When I entered the house, I mimed punching. My mom smiled as she saw me.

"How was school, flower?" She asked.

I shrugged, grabbing an apple from a basket and mercilessly biting into it.

"It was ok, mom."

She smiled and gently put her hand down on the table.

"Did the wannabe daughters of Aphrodite bother you?" She asked, expression growing serious.

"Maybe," I bit into the apple yet again.

"Do you want a pomegranate?" She asked tiredly.

"After I finish this apple." I said.

"Remember Dad?" She asked.

I stopped mid bite. Mom hated bringing this up. He left before the Clearing, when the Mist faded. I was one during the Clearing.

"No." I said simply.

"I should have told you this before the Clearing..." She said.

I started walking away. I already knew what a deadbeat my dad was.

"Raven, come back here." She said.

"Raven?" She pleaded. All the way I ignored her.

"Fine." She said. My persistent mother conceded.

"You were claimed today." She said.
I stopped.

"You're kidding, right?" I asked, turning to face her.

"No," she murmured, "I got a call from Mrs. Landry. She saw a glowing thing above your head. You were claimed by Hades."

I gasped.

"Why didn't you tell me this earlier?" I asked, starting to grow angry. I spent all this time feeling like a failure, only to discover I was ten times more powerful than those wannabes.

My mother was crying now.

"I didn't want to hurt you. We have to go to Camp Halfblood right away now. I-I don't want to lose you like I did with him." She ran to me, arms open wide. I ran up to hug her back.

"Mom. I love you." I felt a few tears escape.

"I love you too." She whispered.

"I packed your bags for you. The taxi is going to take you to the camp." She said.

"Knock some daughters of Aphrodite down for me." She chuckled, wiping her eyes .

"I will."

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. A man, about 26, was standing outside.

"Hello, I'm here to pick up your daughter and take to Camp." He said. He had pale skin, black hair, and shadows under his eyes. Suddenly he spotted me.

"Bianca?"