Ariana Grande

Zombie Land (couldn't come up w a better one)

No one was alive. The virus had killed each and every breathing thing. The trees have fallen down, the cars burnt down to ashes, people inside them charred to death. No one knew how it started, or by who but whatever it is, it spread to everywhere within moments like a plague.

Or maybe it is a plague.

I snatched the glock from the hand of a man laying down on the cold rough ground, dead. He wasn't the only one, the dead bodies seemed to have covered the ground like a layer of water.

The slashed wound on my left leg, just above my knee forced me to stagger while walking towards a knocked down Starsbuck. It wasn't that far away, but it was hard for me to walk with a gash on my leg, and that too without making any noise for those zombies who are neither dead nor alive react to sounds.

Somehow I managed to reach till the glass door of Starbucks. With one deep breath, I pushed the door open. Grimacing when it creaked, I looked through the blood stained glass, and inside the cafe, to notice any minute movement.

When I saw none, I pushed past the door and walked in the deserted place. The chairs were knocked down, the tables were turned over, the cash register broken on the floor.

"Hey," My body turned towards the sweet sound. My heart sped up for a moment before I realised that it wasn't a zombie.

But a pretty girl. Pretty human girl.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." She extended her hand towards me. "I'm Ariana."

I shook hands with her, completely forgetting we probably were the only alive ones.

"Y/n."

I pulled up a chair and sat on it, keeping my left leg completely straight. Grabbed a glass piece and tore some part of my jeans near the wound to get a better access.

"Here, let me." She kneeled in front of me and took a look at the gash.

"What happened?" She asked while her eyes danced between my face and my leg.

"Got slashed by a knife. Stupid zekes." I grunted in pain after she took off her scarf and tied it above the wound.

"It's pretty deep, and let's hope not infected already." She got up and went straight to the first aid box lying on the ground behind me.

I hooked the gun between my belt and the waistband of the jeans. I bit onto my lower lips, trying not to shout from the pain.

Ariana came back with the box and a bottle of water.

"You're strong. Let's get over with it as soon as we can, alright?" She placed her hands on cheeks, gaining a weak nod from me. That's all it took for her to start treating the wound.

"Brace yourself."

She washed it with alcohol first, which had me almost screaming. I held onto my shoulders, my nails digging in it to distract me from the pain.

After few minutes which seemed like hours, she was finally down. I felt my stomach muscles relax, as the pain slowly faded away.

"Gave you a local anesthesia. It'll be okay soon." She patted my shoulders and then turned on her heels.

"Do you need some pants? Or maybe a clean clothes?" Ariana asked and disappeared into the changing room of the workers.

She brought back some clothes, which looked like something the one of the workers wore.

"Do you need help?" She asked once she handed me the clothes.

"No, I'll be good." I replied and pulled the blood stained shirt over my head. Wore the black tee and the khaki jacket above it since it was very cold. I somehow pulled off my pants, and put on fresh a pair of green camo pants. There were not the perfect size but they were clean (I hope so) and comfortable.

"I don't really understand the fashion sense of this guy, but the clothes fit me so it's alright." I joked trying to ease the tension. I noticed how gorgeous she was, for the first time now since I was too preoccupied earlier. Her chocolate brown eyes held fear. Her hair, tied in a bun
I kept the gun in my hand securely after wearing the clothes.

"So what now?" Ariana sat on a chair across from me.

I didn't get a chance to reply as I saw a police officer walking towards us. Or more like stumbling. His head titled and his mouth wide open like his lifeless eyes.

Since we were sitting in a secluded room with the only exit behind the zombie, there was only one way.

I held out the gun and aim at this head. 

Headshot and he's dead. Missed and other zombies swarm us too.

My first time actually using a gun was impressive as the bullet went straight at his head. His body colasped down and I waited for a few seconds to approach him.

With Ariana on my tail, I silently stepped near to the dead body. Lucky enough it had a walkie talkie in his pocket and another gun attached to his pants.

I grabbed both of them, handed the gun to Ariana who didn't even hesitate before taking it, probably too scared to think over. I was scared too, but this walkie talkie with the buzzing noise was our last hope.

I pressed the round button on the side and a voice received it.

"Hello we are two in number and stuck in the Starbucks cafe in the east. Can you fetch us from here?" I nervously asked.

The voice came and I understood with much difficulty but it roughly said, "I'm afraid our troops can't enter in the area. But you are not much far from the safe zone, which is to the south of your current location. Just get on the roof of Avenue 16 and I'll send a helicopter for you."

I noted down the details in my mind and looked at Ariana. She definitely looked scared but nodded nonetheless.

I turned off the walkie talkie and ran a hand through my hair.

"We stay quiet and hide. Will move in  every chance we get. It's roughly 2 miles away and if we are lucky enough to get a car silent enough, then we'll take it."

She nodded and reached for the gun in her back pocket.

It took us half an hour to reach halfway there. Currently we were hiding from several zombies inside a car.

By several I mean several.

"Give me your phone." Ariana whispered as I handed her without questioning.

She typed something in and threw her phone out of the window. It started ringing and all the zombies ran towards it.

I gave her an impressed look as she dusted off her shoulders. I slid out of the car, Ariana following right behind me.

In no time we were standing in front of the tall building we were supposed to be in.

"Let's go." She pulled me in and I knew we would be safe here.

We climbed the stairs as fast as we could. I tried to step up as fast as I could but my leg won't let me which slowed us down a little.

Soon we were on the roof and surely there was a helicopter waiting for us. Ariana ran towards it while I took a step out and suddenly felt large hands grab my feet. Looking back, I saw another zombie trying to bite my leg. I somehow manage to aim the gun in its direction and shot. It hit it's arm while I continued to shoot. Hearing it, the other zombies started coming too.

I kickedit off and ran towards the helicopter waiting for me. The officers aiming the gun in the direction of the group of zombies. I heard a few gunshots and ran as fast as I could.

My leg couldn't take the pressure anymore and I fell hard on my face. Knowing I had no time, I ignored the slight increased pain, even with anaesthesia, and roll off my back.

I shot the closer ones as many as I could until I ran out of bullets. I pushed my elbows against the ground and pulled myself up.

I ran towards the helicopter at the edge with hundreds of zombies behind me. I made it till there as one of the people pulled me up.

Finally

I gave Ariana a smile as she wrapped her arms around my shoulders and pulled me in a hug.

I'm glad that we both are alive.