All The Right Moves- Chapter 21

Start from the beginning

I nodded my head and kissed her fingers in my hand.

"You hear that, baby? You can go ahead and wake up. Open up those beautiful eyes of yours. I'm right here." I encouraged.

*********************************

It was around 9 in the morning and I knew everyone would be here soon.

I went ahead and sent them a text, letting them know that she should be hopefully waking up soon.

"I'm going to make my rounds right now. I'll come back in a bit to check in on her." The doctor said making his way out of the room.

The nurses followed pursuit.

"Buzz us if anything changes," One of the nurses informed me.

I nodded in agreement.

About an hour later, Blake and Ethan arrived with breakfast.

"Looks like somebody showered last night," Ethan joked coming into the room with food that could feed an army.

I shot him a weak smile, "Had no choice. Had a feeling Char wouldn't ever wake up if she smelled me. Couldn't have that."

Blake shot me a genuine smile, "No we couldn't have."

"No changes?" Ethan asked setting the bags on the tables before propping on the lounge seat beside my chair.

"Nothing yet. Just a matter of time," I informed him.

Blake seemed a bit anxious, "I really hope she pulls through this time."

"Me too," I added.

Me f*cking too.

Hours had passed by and our families stayed during the entire time.

El had managed to get a hang of her crutches now and was able to visit Charlie since leaving the hospital.

Having her get here was a huge accomplishment as before today really, she struggled with those damn crutches.

Refusing a wheelchair, she was determined with those damn sticks.

I never understood that.

It was around 1 in the morning and although everybody had went home, Blake and Ethan stayed.

Ethan had taken business calls from the sports agency unit in his business all day today and was in and out of the room.

It was Saturday going on Sunday yet that man never seemed to be off the clock.

I couldn't even imagine the thought of me returning to work with all that was going on.

I took a temporary leave of absence and although Coach had understood due to the circumstances, I knew I needed to back within the next week.

Playoffs were next week and we had barely made it due to the last two games that were lost.

Coach and Vince were the only ones from the team to have visited, as I wanted to maintain a low profile here.

I loved my guys, but they would have been not hard to miss coming up to the hospital.

"What time is it?" Blake asked.

"Time for you guys to go home." I told her.

She rolled her eyes in response.

"Go home, seriously. Clay misses his parents and it doesn't look like she's going to wake up right now. I'll call you guys if anything changes." I nudged her so that he would get up and go home.