"Uhm..." I mumbled, not sure what to do.  I hugged him softly, chuckling quietly when he fell in to me. He's so tired, his body is completely limp. I held him tightly, hoping his body would relax. His skin was very hot, almost burning.

What comforts someone? hmm...

I eased him down to lay his head against my lap, gently pushing his hair back out of his eyes. This seemed to work since the wind calmed down, although the lights still weren't on but his fever had subsided.

"That's all we have time for." I let the man's head gently rest against the booth cushion, patting his head sweetly before Jason grabbed my hand. The lights still weren't on so I let Jason lead the way. By the time we stepped out, the cheers returned just as the lights appeared.

I ran, trying to keep up with Jason as he looked for a good location, for what? I dunno...

"He'll be okay, right?" I looked up at him, following him into a alley. We left before he regained consciousness, I wanted to make sure he woke up healthy. 

"He's fine."

"Mph..." I groaned softly at my body losing energy from the abrupt change of scenery, falling against Jason. He basically dragged me up, keeping me steady with an arm tightly around my waist. I gripped his the fabric of his hoodie, suddenly over heating.

It's so hot here.

It's night here but it's still blazing hot. Almost suffocating. We were in the woods again so I assume we're helping another animal.

"Fond of snakes, Serenity?" Jason asked with amused tone.

"What?!" I jumped up, pulling against Jason's hoodie. "Pick me up, pick me up!" Scared to even put my feet on the ground. 

"Relax." He snickered, pushing me off. "This isn't one that you can hide from."

"What are you talking about?" I held onto Jason's hand, painfully tight, trusting him to lead the way as I could barely see, walking on my tippie toes.  

The more we walked, the louder a hissing sounded.

Oh fuck, is this going to be like one of those giant anaconda Sci-Fi movies? You know the ones that are painfully bad... Please don't tell me its going to be like that.

Light came into vision...

A temple!

It was a huge temple, abandoned by the look of the vines engulfing the structure. Lit candles surrounding the entrance, illuminating the massive monument. 

"Whoa.." I said in awe, looking directly up the sky, trying to see the entire building. "Where are we?"

We're surrounded by woods, why would there be a temple so far away from civilization...in the middle of nowhere? Maybe that's why its abandoned?

"mmm..." Jason hummed, looking closer at the building. " It should be right... here." He pulled my hand, getting me closer to the entrance of double doors.

"What are you loo-Ahh!"

The floor disappeared from underneath us, letting us fall straight down a long dark abyss. Out of instinct, I reached my arms out, trying to find something to hold on to but gripped nothing but air and leaves.

"Jason!" I screamed, hoping he'd save me. 

My weight caught up to me, hitting altogether as I fell into a pile of leaves, vines, cotton, and dirt. Catching me gently, and saving me from shattering into a millions pieces. 

"Oh God." I gasped dramatically, crawling from underneath.

I registered the lit up castle in front of us but disregarded it as I was still trying to find my breath and my heart as it gave out on me somewhere during the fall.