Chapter 14

You were cold. Not just a little bit, but freezing. You were shivering. You slowly opened your eyes. You were wrapped in a thick blanket, and covered by a wolf skin. But you were still cold, and your head was throbbing. You weren't in the tent any more, either.

You looked around it was dark, apart from a fire.

Susan Grimshaw, walked over to where you were huddled.

"Tilly," she shouted, "Kara is awake, help get her over to the fire."

"What happened, where am I?" you croaked.

Susan shook her head, "Someone will explain later, for now just sit by the fire, we need to get you warmed up."

Tilly helped you to the fire, and grabbed another blanket, to wrap around your shoulder.

You glanced over and saw Hosea, in a big overcoat, huddled by the fire.

"Hosea, what did you do to me?" you asked, confusion in your voice.

Hosea looked at you, "I'm sorry Kara, but it was for your own good. How is your mouth."

You opened and closed it, then remembered how it felt last time.

You frowned, "Its fine. How long have I been out for?"

Hosea sighed, "About four days. You probably have a headache."

Susan walked over and handed you a mug of hot coffee.

"Here, this should help warm you through." She whispered.

You looked at the drink suspiciously.

Susan smiled, "don't worry dear, it isn't drugged or anything," she glared at Hosea, and walked away.

You sipped the coffee, and felt the warm liquid start to heat your insides.

"What did you give me, Hosea? Whose idea was it?"

Hosea rubbed his hands together, and held them out towards the flames, in an attempt to keep warm.

"Laudanum, its why you have a headache. My idea. Dutch and Arthur, weren't too happy."

You shook your head, "Ya know Hosea, you were the one person I really trusted." You snorted.

Before Hosea had a chance to reply, the doors burst open. Arthur and Dutch walked in, with a woman, wrapped in a blanket.

You watched as Tilly put her arm around the woman, and took her into another room.

You glanced back to see Susan talking to Dutch and Arthur, in a lowered voice.

While you couldn't hear what she was saying, she was looking over at you, as were Dutch and Arthur.

Dutch and Arthur walked over to where you were sitting by the fire.

"C'mon Kara, come with me." Dutch soothed.

You shivered, can I sit by the fire for a bit, I'm so cold," you asked, still a little confused.

Arthur took off his heavy overcoat, and draped it around your shoulders.

"Don't worry, there's a fire in the other cabin. We'll find you something to eat, as well"

The two men helped you stand, your legs felt like jelly. They supported you one either side, as you walked through the snow, to a smaller cabin on the other side.

Once inside, they closed the door. There was a roaring fire, already lit.

They both guided you to the fire, and sat you on a chair, that was placed in front of the fire.