Chapter Sixteen

Two months later

"Are you serious mom?" I sighed flopping on my couch.

"Yes sweetie. All the flights going to Philadelphia are canceled for the next two weeks. It's a bad snow storm happening in about two days. W- we'll send you gifts right now pay for the express mail so you can get them in the next three days is that okay?" Christmas is next week and I'm still here because my parents forgot about me. I honestly don't blame them, I barely talk to them and I'm so far away at a boarding school and they work 24/7. I'm not going to throw a big fit about it.

"Yeah. That's fine I guess. But I wanted to be with you guys." I said sadly. "Kiarah stop looking like that your going to make me cry I wanted to see my baby girl too." My mom said wiping a tear.

"It's okay mom. We'll see each other spring break."

"That's too far away but okay. Where's Mahkailin? Did you get chain fixed? I sent his clothes and shoes and stuff like last week or the week before did you get them?" My mother attacked me with questions. Mahkailin told me that he can't go home this Christmas nor can he get present because of his parents using all their money on bills. I was been going to get him something for Christmas for him helping with the bullying stuff. But I tell my mom almost everything not everything but almost. But I told her about it and she was like we have more than enough money find out his sizes.

"Yeah I went to get it fixed yesterday I almost got caught sneaking off campus." I told her and she laughed at me.

"You wouldn't have got in trouble if I gave you permission to do it." She said back. Hmm correct but still I don't get in trouble so it's still was like suspenseful to me.

"Okay I hope I got his slides a size bigger because they didn't have his size. Oh I seen this nasa shirt that was different from everybody else I had to buy it for him." My mom said in a dramatic tone. She always wanted a son so I guess she went all out for him.

"Did you get me it to."

"We're talking about Mahkailin right now sweetie." She said making my mouth go wide open. "Close your mouth I got it for you too. I was looking on Instagram I be seeing people match all the time. You and him can do that."

"Mom that's for couples and best friends and if it's girl and boy best friends they probably having sex." I told her.

"I thought Mahkailin was your boyf-

"No mom were just friends!" I exclaimed. "He's my son in law in my head so I don't care." My mom waved me off.

"I love you. My lunch break is almost over I'll call you tonight or tomorrow." I heard Mahkailin and Cassie bickering at the door. I was waiting on them to knock or burst open my door.

"Okay but what do you have to say to rubi rose though? She my cousin so she gonna see this." This girl lying.

"All I can say is... I- I'm getting finer by the day baby....whatchu waiting on? See you g-gone wait til I'm real fine and I ain't gone pay you no mind."

"She not my cousin but I'll hold on to this for black mail ion know." Cassie said. "Your rat ass sickening." Mahkailin replied.

"Okay mommy I love you too." I said and hung up. "Queen Cassie just walked in make room scrub!" Cassie walked in as pushing Mahkailin away from the door making him stumble.

"I can't stand yo ass." Mahkailin said mugging her.

"Best friend be quiet and hype me up say yeah she Queen periodt."

"I ain't saying that fuck shit." He said sitting next me. "You posed to be a city boy with me." She said pouting.

"Okay imma do a city boy freestyle."