Chapter Ten

"Make it out promise me Kai." E said between gasping for air.

"I-I promise brudder."

Just like that I gasped waking up from my nightmare. This is why I just don't go to sleep I always have this dream. It's either E dying, me killing someone for the first time which is bad because I have flashbacks about that throughout my day. Then it's either a dream where everything is perfect where it's the four of us and we're together hanging out back then. E, Terell,Hassan and me it was just crazy to me how my childhood friends are gone. I need some way to express these bottled up emotions because it's killing me on the inside.
I'm tired of every time I try to go to sleep I can't because my emotions get the best of me and I'm a crying ass mess. I just wish shit was back how it used to be.

I'm tired of crying. It doesn't help shit but ion know what else to do. Every time I close my eyes it's E dying or me taking a man life or when Dame saved my life from being killed and the dude blood was all over me.

E death stays on my mind. When I was locked up it really fucked me up because I felt like a failure. I felt like shit because I was doing the opposite of the promise I made him. Shit was gonna have to change, it was gonna start by separating myself again. I did it before I can do it again and going to this school was it. As much as I hate it here I kind of like the fact they separated me from the gang. Like Dame said to me before I don't belong there.

It was three in the morning from what the clock on the wall said in my room. I rolled over and got my phone looking at the time to make sure it was actually three in the morning and it was. I gotta notification that Hassan went live on ig. That shot fucks wit me too never in a million years I would think that me and Hassan would say some of the hurtful ass shit we said to each other. Cutting him off caused me pain because like damn that's my cousin that's been wit me since I was born a true day one. But shit always happen for a reason.

I scrolled on Instagram before seeing hella people in my request on my main account. I seen it was hella people from this school. All of them ain't getting in these muthafuckas look like some snitches. I only accepted Zion, Adam, about two girls I thought was a little cute from here. I accepted  Xavier and Chad too but I ain't following them back. They can be added to the long list of the sucka niggas that's my fans.

Dawinnin.one: wyd

Moneybaggs.kane: nun whatchu doin up?🤨

Dawinnin.one: I woke up from a bad dream, now I'm coming back up to my room I just got some ice cream😋

Moneybaggs.kane: u love ya ice cream huh?

Dawinnin.one: duh who doesn't? What you doing up?

Moneybaggs.kane: same as u
Moneybaggs.kane: had a bad dream

Dawinnin.one: I wanna talk about my nightmare to someone because it makes me feel better. Probably the same for u🤷🏽‍♀️

I FaceTimed her on Instagram since I didn't have her number. "I didn't mean for you to call me silly." She laughed licking her ice cream cone.

"I-I'm confused then." I said back to her. "Come to my dorm Mahkailin, or should I call you Kane?"

"Nah I prefer for you to call me my government." I told her and she said okay and rushed me to come so I hung up and put on a shirt and put my phone in the pocket of my shorts and walked down the hallway quietly to her dorm. I opened her door which was surprisingly unlocked.