Chapter Nine

"The fuck is yo problem bruh?" Mahkailin pushes Chad when he stepped on his shoe for the fourth time today in practice. They were playing against each other again and every time Mahkailin would get the ball and start to go for a shot Chad would step on his shoes to make him mess up.

"Don't put you hands on me." Chad pushed him back and Mahkailin threw the ball and rushed towards him. "Break that shit up right now! Whatever problem you guys have figure that shit out were not having none of that on my team. Am I understood?"

"Understood." Chad said.

"He need to be watch himself fucking with me." Mahkailin said. "Am I understood?" Coach asked again.

"It's good." Mahkailin responded. "Start sprints there and back let's go." He blew his whistle. Mahkailin started to do what he said the third time he went there and back he got tired.

"Come on Mahkailin keep going." His coach yelled to him as he stopped doing the sprints up and down the court. I smoke too much to be doing this shit he thought wiping his face with his shirt before lazily running down the court and back. After finishing he went to get some water and his coach stopped him.

"Mahkailin your a good player but you need to work on your stamina. How you gone be playing good but get tired in the first ten minutes? You need to work on that because I want you in the starting five." He said and pat his shoulder.

"Practice over." Coach announced.

"Shit." He said wiping his forehead. He went to get his hoodie and put it on on his way to leave the gym. He was on his phone picking a song to play when he tripped dropping his phone. He looked down to see a Versace shoe move back quickly he picked up his and looked back seeing Xavier there with a smirk.

"The fuck? Do that fu ass shit again and see what's gone happen." Mahkailin said pulling up his sagging sweatpants standing in front of him."Ion play like that nigga. Let me know what you trying to do?"

"Bro got my sloppy seconds and think he's hard."

"And you think you are? I can shit that down real quick what you tryna do." Mahkailin said back and Xavier just laughed and Mahkailin glared at him.

"You ah bitch ain't tripping off yo square ass." He said before leaving Xavier and his group of friends.

"You really just let him speak to you like that?" Mahkailin heard one of his friends ask. Mahkailin answered his father phone call.

"Hello?" He said.

"Wrong witchu?" His father said concerned.

"This nigga up here fucking trying me. I'm about to go off and rock his shit pops." He said back in an angry tone.

"Don't be nobody punk up there but remember you have three strikes. You hit that boy first it's gonna be bad for you. Real rap." He said back to his son and he listened to him.

"Nigga gone trip me. Are we in elementary school? and this white boy on the basketball team Iono what the fuck his problem is but he can get these problems too."

"They giving you a hard time up there Kai?"

"No. Ion talk to nobody here but one person. But they tried me today."

"If they keep trying you beat they ass Kai no bullshit. But only if they doing it repeatedly. I don't want you to fuck up here."

"Okay pops."

"Why you only talk to one person? I thought you was gonna make friends and that type of shit?" He said.

"Ion like talking to people. You know this." Mahkailin said back. "You used to always like talking to people."