18

Yoongi was lounging on the couch, lazily reading a book about the five stages of grief that he had found at the nearest bookstore just down the road. He'd like to take Jimin there sometime.

Hoseok was out, probably at work which meant the half-devil had the whole apartment to himself. To be honest, he was taking pride in being a good roommate. They had split their chores - Yoongi did the laundry while Hoseok did the dishes. They alternated when it came to going grocery shopping and the younger was teaching his hyung how to cook. The progress was just fine, he wasn't able to do anything major but cook well enough to get by. He'd have to cook for Jimin someday.

Living like this, it felt almost like he had become human. Maybe he even was half human - who knows? He had never met or heard of his mother before so everything was possible. Some rumors said she was a succubus who seduced Lucifer himself, others tell about how the devil cut off a piece of his own flesh and formed Yoongi.

Either way Yoongi was pretty sure he did have a mother - otherwise his father wouldn't be so sensitive when it came to the topic.

Changing position, the boy licked the tip of his right pointer finger to flip to the next page which presented the second stage: Anger.

Thinking back to it, Yoongi had changed a lot since stepping foot on earth.

The most prominent change was his use of slang. Words that had sounded odd to him before where the ones he was using on a daily basis now. Duh, lol, what's gucci.
Hoseok taught him all slang he'd picked up in all the years he had spent on earth.

But not just his choice of words but his whole personality and perspective had changed and grown. He'd always been more on the quiet side, much like he was now. However a long time ago he used to be conceited. Spoiled and thinking the world was his. Tainted by the sins surrounding him. Quite literally. He had spent too much time with them.

Greed had instilled an insatiable want for more, more! Wasn't he the future ruler of hell? Didn't anything belong to him anyway? All the gold and treasures those corrupted bastards thought they'd need to bring to the afterlife. It was all his. Every suffering soul, every single demon his father had created, every creature under his reign. It all belonged to him, it was all his.

Gluttony was a more pleasant companion who didn't whisper into his ear like Greed did, sneakily shaping Yoongi to its will. He was simple. And fat. The half-devil had never seen a fatter stomach in his whole life. Always coming to the other for dinner, Gluttony was easy-going and talkative. The only things that bothered Yoongi were that he always talked with his mouth full and left as soon as he had eaten up.

Wrath and Pride were what you'd title as best buddies on earth. Little did they know what the other was doing behind their back. Pride was beautiful and strengthened Yoongi's confidence - if someone so beautiful said the world belonged to Yoongi and Yoongi only, someone so beautiful - how could he deny? And who were those sinners to cast even a glance at Lucifer's only son?
The two sins went hand in hand. Pride made Yoongi arrogant and feel like he was superior - which played perfectly into Wrath's hands, who was the only one that dared to take it on with Yoongi. Every time he had lost a fight against the other, Pride had whispered into the half-devil's ear. How could it be? Wasn't Yoongi the greatest of them all? It made him fume with anger. It was a good thing their kind was almost immortal, nothing could kill them except for Lucifer himself, who had created them. Yoongi wouldn't be able to count all the wounds Wrath had inflicted on him.

Envy was sly. Deep down Yoongi knew those seven creatures, created from pure evil were not his friends, he wasn't dumb. But Envy was the one he despised most. It was the sin that bothered him the most, who made him unable to fall asleep - because who would Min Yoongi be envious of? Min Yoongi who had everything? Min Yoongi who was everything? There was only one thing he could have envied. His father's place.