17

this is a taekook chapter 👀

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

A few weeks pior

Jungkook had fallen in love with Taehyung the moment he had laid his eyes on him.

Centuries had passed but his feelings had not once withered.

Looking at him now, it felt strange. Watching him sit indmid a patch of dandelions just the same as back then. Though back then soda drinking hats did not exist. The older had insisted on buying it at the dollar store earlier, saying it's a must-have because Spongebob Squarepants had one just like that.

He was doodling something into his sketchbook, eyebrows furrowed in concentration and velvet red lips set in a pout.

Jungkook's hands were busy tying the flower stems together to form a crown which he later would be able to set atop of his lover's head. His eyes however, were roaming over the other's appearance. He wondered how he'd look like if he had aged.

Imagining their future that could have been hurt like a bitch.

The longing to see Taehyung's face adorned with wrinkles, hair grey from the years they would have spent working hard. The younger would have built them a cabin in the woods, away from everyone. Away from their eyes borning into the lovers' interwined hands, into the unusually light colour of Taehyung's hair, into every move they made. Just the three of them.

Taehyung, Jungkook and Nunsongi.

It would have been a hard life. The older would have left behind his family and suffered a lot because of it. It would have been like back in the days when Jungkook was growing up, having to struggle to survive in the woods. However what was different from years ago was that he wasn't alone anymore. They had each other. Jungkook would have gone hunting and Taehyung would have taken care of the cabin and everything around it.

But their dream was shattered.
Shattered by them.

They had always felt death's breath in the back of their necks, following them closely, so close it almost had them between its claws. But it had come when they had least expected it. When it was supposed to be their happy end.

Taehyung always said to stop dwelling on the past. They were happy now.

And looking at his boyfriend, Jungkook really did feel happy. There was no fear or worry or pain who had been constant companions. He felt sated.

A frown tugged at the older's lips and his eyes unfocused from the drawing in his hands, head turning to muster Jungkook.

"I forgot", he said almost inaudibly.
"I forgot on which side your scar is."

One good thing about hell was, it erased all your wounds and injuries. They threw you into the abyss free of scars, back with the body part you lost, with a head back on if you died by guillotine. The only downside was the hellfire causing you never ending agony. Yikes.

But they weren't roasting in hellfire for long anyway. For Taehyung it was an easy case, he hadn't deserved to be in hell. But for Jungkook it was different. They probably would have kept him locked away in flames for the rest of eternity if Taehyung hadn't insisted on getting him out.
To Taehyung it didn't matter that the man he loved was a monster.

"On the left side", Jungkook answered and pointed his finger at the arch of his left brow, leading it over his eyes and down his cheek, stopping right above the corner of his mouth.

Experiencing your second chance of life as a creature of hell wasn't all that bad. At least his left eye could finally see properly again and there was no nasty scar disfiguring his face. Neither on the rest of his body that had been littered with scars before.

"Mh", his lover nodded in realisation and slowly raised his hand to cup the other's left cheek, warm thumb tenderly stroking the skin where the scar had been etched into his face.
"I kinda miss it. You looked like a badass."

Jungkook couldn't help the snort shaking his chest. Taehyung was such a dumbass.

"I don't look like a badass anymore?", he asked, raising a taunting eyebrow.

Taehyung shrugged and pointed at the set of clip-on-cat-ears that the younger carried atop of his head to hide the horns.
"You should look into a mirror sometimes."

"And that's coming from you, Smitty WerbenJagerManJensen?"

Slurping loudly from the straws connected to his hat, the blonde looked him dead in the eye.
"You're just jealous of my pepsi, neko girl. Nico-Nico-Nii!!"

Laughing out loud, Jungkook wrestled his lover down, head falling into the field of dandelions, radiating the same beauty as the other's smile.

"You're dumb", he mumbled, pressing his lips against the older's softly in a quick peck.

Catching his boyfriend's bottom lip between his teeth as he tried to pull away, Taehyung unintelligibly said,
"Youw dwumb twoo."

His dongsaeng laughed as best as he could with his bottom lip still caught between the other's teeth and pinched his nose in order to free himself.

He was propped up on his forearms, caging Taehyung to the ground, the tips of their noses touching softly.

"I think Yoongi-hyung is starting to take a liking to Jimin", he whispered, gaze tracing along every single one of Taehyung's features. From his untamed eyebrows, over the slope of his nose to the little mole right above his right nostril and down to his inviting lips. They pulled into a frown.

"That wouldn't be good. First off we can't kill Jiminie to get rid of him, second off we can't do anything bad to him in order to destroy their relationship", he muttered, eyes glistening in worry.
"And last but not least we most definitely must not let Yoongi-hyung really marry Jimin. You know what that would mean for him."

Jungkook hummed in understanding.
"But what if we just let them be for now? Let them date for a bit, honestly hyung is the devil-to-be. It probably won't last until marriage anyway, Jiminie is such a pure and wholesome boy. Except for in bed-"

His lover barked a laugh.
"I still can't believe we fucked Jimin-hyung. I'm glad we dulled his memory. His sexual energy was really good though I was full for days."

Agreeing, the younger leaned down to nose at his boyfriend's neck.
"If they were to really work out, we can always break them up later. I doubt Jimin will stay with Yoongi when he finds out who he really is."

Nodding in approval, Taehyung pressed a tender kiss against the shell of the other's ear, biting it and growling playfully, whispering tainted sweetness into it.

"You do know that my left ear is working again? It's not deaf anymore, I heard exactly what you said you nasty little tease", Jungkook mocked, licking at the older's jaw.

A smirk pulled at the corner of Taehyung's lips.
"I know."

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

^PLS TELL ME U REMEMBER HIM OR U DIDN'T GET THE JOKE SKSKKS

What do you think Taekook's past is like?

How did they die?