16

Recap of the last chapter bc I haven't updated in a month due to college fucking me right into the- :

Yoonmin finally went on their first date - at a zoo. Yoongi got his foot smashed by a horse's hoof, growled at by several animals, spat into the face by an alpaca and a goat with serious anger issues chased him through the enclosure and took a bite of his pants. With a bare bum he tried to make it up to Jimin by buying him a Triple Gooberberry Sunrise which lead to Jimin having an allergic reaction to the peanuts in it.

Enjoy.

Exams are over and it's summer vacation so I promise to update regularly again. Thank you for sticking with me if you did uwu

°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°^°

On the way to the hospital Jimin's face had puffed up about triple its original size, cheeks so swollen they were pushing his lips into a pout and making it almost impossible to talk. His whole face was as red as a cherry and his breathing was more a heavy wheezing.

They hadn't allowed Yoongi into the ambulance so he had droven his car all the way to the hospital, not really caring that he probably broke some laws on the way there.

As of now, he was squeezed into a seat between an elderly woman that couldn't stop coughing and a man that was bobbing his leg nervously, cluthing a big bag to his chest. The waiting room was full of people, young and old. Grumpy grandpas were solving crossword puzzles and little toddlers were crying from impatience.

This was almost as miserable as the crying damned souls burning in hellfire.
At least hellfire was free from bacteria.

Yoongi could literally feel the bacteria crawling up his legs and into his nose, probably evilly planning to make him ill by tomorrow.

He had been waiting for Jimin for about thirty minutes now. Considering how bad the allergic reaction was, they had lead him right into the doctor's office.

To say the half-devil felt terrible was an understatement. This should have been the perfect date. Jimin was an angel. He deserved the perfect date, the perfect boyfriend, the perfect relationship. And Yoongi was already messing up at the first step. Jimin may be an angel but Yoongi doubted the younger would be up for a second date. Not after today. But the man wasn't even mad; it was understandable.

Just as he was about to drown in his self-pity, the man to his right spoke in a rushed voice.

"I'm sorry but- my", he took a shaky breath, leg still nervously bobbing.
"My wife is about to go into labor. They're making me wait while preparing everything but they're gonna call me in any second. I've had to take a fucking piss for four hours now but couldn't leave my wife's side. I can't take it anymore. Please, for the love of god, hold onto this diaper bag for a moment while I go to the restroom."

Taken by surprise, Yoongi couldn't do anything but nod, feeling the bag get shoved into his chest and the man disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Could this day get any worse?

He had been waiting for some minutes when a couple of doctors dashed into the waiting room, face masks pulled down and eyes searching. They stopped when their gaze landed on Yoongi, who was still holding onto the diaper bag.

"It's time!", one of them called in a hurry, the other pulling at the confused man's arm.

"What- No I'm-"

Before he was able to mutter another word, the pair of doctors had already pulled him into the delivery room, bright lights making him squint his eyes.

"Your wife needs you now, the cervix is fully dilated and your wife has major contractions. Just hold her hand and help her through it, she must not get worked up right now. In order to deliver the child we need her as relaxed as possible!", one of the doctors, a woman Yoongi noted, explained calmly and barely a second later the diaper bag was pulled from his hold and he was shoved next to the bed, a hand immediately reaching out to grab his.