09

"It's been a while", a bright smile adorned Jimin's lips as he let go of the bouquet he was making and carefully set it onto the counter.
"How can I help you?"

August was slowly coming to an end and so were the long days full of sunlight and warmth. It was only 7pm but the sky had darkened and the air had cooled down enough to awaken goosebumps up Jimin's arm. While the younger was wishing for a long sleeved shirt, Yoongi was absolutely miserable.

The hot, sweat-breaking temperatures of July had already been too cold for the half devil but now that autumn was barely peeking around the corner he was packed up in a long sleeved shirt, a thick hoodie and a leather jacket on top (props to Hoseok for making him buy it). 

"Jimin-ah", he smiled, shyly tugging at the beanie atop of his head.
"You already know what I'm here for."

"To enjoy my company, I assume?"

"That aswell but mainly to buy an overpriced bunch of flowers."

Jimin took in a sharp breath.

"You did not", he threatened, his voice accusing and eyes scrunched up into angry slits. The bubble gum haired man graciously stepped out from behind the counter and right in front of his opponent, placing the hands on his hips that were adorned with the shop's green apron.

"Our bouquets", he began,
"Are put together by qualified experts, the flowers and greens carefully selected and grown with uttermost care and love. They're getting taken care of by said experts not only by book but with years of experience and knowledge collected from all around Seoul. Adding to it, this so called overpriced bunch of flowers averagely goes for a modest price of 25 000 - 30 000 won and can even drop to 15 000 - 20 000 won for first-time-customers or regulars. So excuse yourself and stop making such false statements in the presence of my flowers."

Admittedly out of breath and red cheeked, Jimin ended his speech and in turn left Yoongi speechless. It was like he'd taken all words right out of Yoongi's mouth because he was running out of his own ones while ranting. The older had never heard Jimin talk this much at once. Not even about candles.

In conclusion,
if there was one thing Jimin was passionate about, it was flowers.
Yoongi guessed candles were a close second but the feeling of wanting to know more about the younger's passions was gnawing at the bottom of his stomach.

An awkward three seconds passed before Jimin had caught his breath and the half devil had scraped up some leftover words to actually hold a conversation.

"Ok", he pressed resourcefully, scratching his nose to will away an endeared smile. It would only anger Jimin if he began to laugh.
"I take it back."

"Thank you", the so called qualified flower expert breathed, visibly relieved that he had honourably defended his profession and flowers.
"So what kind of expertedly crafted and beautiful bouquet can I get you today?"

Yoongi considered for a while. He didn't know much about today's date except for the fact that she had long red hair and was really looking forward to meeting up with him.
"You got something red?"

"I got 'em red roses", Jimin suggestively wiggled his eyebrows before breaking out into laughter at the older's sullen face.
"Ok ok let me think.. What about red petunias? Their blooming time is almost over so let's make the most out of the rest that we still got!"

Without wasting another second, he turned around and dashed out of the shop. Yoongi took a few steps closer, just enough to be able to see Jimin walk through the exit at the back and into their garden. The boy fished the ugly flower print gloves from the pocket of his apron and grabbed the garden shears off the fence before disappearing into the greenhouse. Not even a minute had passed when he rushed out again, sofly closing the door behind himself and smiling brightly at Yoongi.