Ami stopped talking when she seemingly saw Chaeyoung enter the room from behind her.

Lisa listened as the floor boards creaked from the girl who brushed past them and walked quietly up the stairs.

"Chae...?" Her mom spoke. Clearly confused. "How? She was here with me?"

"I... need to go." Lisa whispered, turning from her mom and walking up the stairs after Chae.

"Okay? Um... come down for leftovers then?" Her mom spoke. Lisa nodding as she trudged up the steps.

When Lisa entered their room, Chaeyoung was in the restroom. The sound of the sink running and crickets chirping filling the space.

She sighed and took off her jacket. Laying it down on the ground as she walked over to the bed and face planted her pillow.

The bathroom door creaked open quietly not long after. Lisa not bothering to look up as she listened to the sound of Chaeyoung's feet against the carpet.

The feeling of the bed dipping on her right as Roseanne's body filled the empty space.

Lisa wanted to look up, but she knew that Chaeyoung's face would probably send her over the cliff. The sea below would be purely made out of her own tears.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean it." Chaeyoung whispered.

Lisa furrowed her brows into her pillow. Chaeyoung was... apologizing? "Hm?"

"About not talking. I... I know me talking is good. I don't want to become the person I was again. I want to be better."

Lisa flipped quietly around. Sitting up and looking over to Roseanne. An unreadable expression was on her face.

Lisa tried to figure it out, but the more she looked at Rosie, the more her heart hurt for making Chae go through this.

"I shouldn't have said what I said earlier. In the car."

"It's okay... I needed to hear it." Lisa smiled sadly. Light tears already streaming down her cheeks again.

"Why are you crying?" Chaeyoung asked her softly. Looking at her with soft and confused eyes.

"B-Because..." Lisa started, crying even more now. Like she knew she would. "It's all my fault." 

"Lis-"

"It's all my fault. That we're like this." She cried. "I should have told you. I know that. I just wanted to protect you. And I thought I was. I r-really did babe."

"I know Lisa." Chaeyoung spoke with sad eyes. "I know."

"But y-you're still mad... and I'm the reason for it. And I never wanted to make you mad or sad. Especially hurt. But that's exactly what I did."

Her tears were big and cold whenever they would hit her skin. Lisa put her head in her hands and cried more. Trying to let everything out.

A minute or so going by as she did.

Slowly, a couple of arms found their way around her back and head, pulling her into an embrace.