| 55 | Envelope

I stumble into my house after the slow drive back. I was lost, not sure what to do now that he is gone, realizing I need to really be with myself... it's been awhile. "What would be the first thing I do?" I don't know really.

The day passed normally as I went around the house and deep cleaned it up. It seemed unusually quiet here, I truly didn't like it. Flipping through the radio, I turn on the news, listening while looking down at the newspaper on the coffee table.

"Soon it'll be Fall and then the Winter snow will come. How joyous could that be! Tonight temperatures will not get that low but cold enough for the summer," the weather man chuckles.
"I do see bright blue sky's tomorrow. Might want to take the fishing rods to the lake as the wind will be mild..." after awhile his voice starts to drone out while I pass asleep on the couch.

(Ring ring)

I wake up confused, rubbing my eyes, looking around the room for the sound.

(Ring ring)

   I look over at the phone and don't realize it at first then it hits me.

   "Ohhh!" I ran over to it picking up.

   "Hello." He says, yawning shortly after. I yawned in reply, looking over at the time on the clock. 12am it read.

   "Hello?" A confused tone took over his in voice. Oh duh answer him!
   "Hi." I say quietly which made him giggle. The intensity we shared over the phone was electrifying. So many questions came to my mind and then they started to spit out of me.
   "How was your flight and why are you calling me so late? You shudda called your baby as soon as you got off that plan mister!" I teased, letting out a giggle. He chuckles again,
   "Well yes. I'm sorry. Will you forgive me?" He pledge. I twirled the phone cord around my finger, biting my lip.
   "Hmm, maybe. You gotta tell me what happened today." And with that he did...

    I tossed in my bed while the stretched out phone cord wrapped around my sheets.
   "Ugh! I can't seem to get comfortable." I whined, continuing to flip around.
   "It's because I'm not there, duh!" He winced before letting out a long yawn. I yawned shorty after, followed by a groan.
   "Don't do that! I'll wanna go to sleep."
   "It has to been around 12:30am there now anyways... right?"
   "Mhm... are you telling me I should go to sleep! Because I can and get off the phone right now if I do."
   "No, no. I'm not saying that. I'm just suggesting maybe we both get some rest? I only saying this because I care for your beauty sleep, of course I do!" We both laughed after his comment and shortly hanged up after.

   Life surprisingly went on as normal as it could be. A week passed on, we called each other almost everyday until today. I haven't gotten a call from him and he usually calls everyday at noon. I'll just need to do what I do to get on with my day.

   Frannie came into the cafe today to tell me all about this coming school year. We sat at a table together, while she showed me all of her classes and some of her new school supplies she got. Oh the days I miss going back to school. It was always such an exciting experience to have, such nostalgia. She looked so happy and I was so happy for her, until a look of hesitation swooped over her face.

   "What's wrong?" I asked, grabbing her hands in mind. Her hands shook in mine, making me more quite concerned. She looks away while beginning to speak.
   "It's mother and father. They said... they said they want to reconnect with you." She looks back up at me troubled.
My gut turns with that thought. "Why now?" I wonder.
   "That's why I'm here today instead of the library. They know too. I don't want to be their bait, but this would've been the only way I could've visited you here." Her eyes start to swell up with tears
   "I'm sorry Beau."
I squeezed her hands and smiled at her, though I really wanted to go tell our parents how I really thought; I might as well try and give it a chance, for Fran.
   "No this is a good thing!" I said smiling.
She perks up and smiles back. Pulling away from my hands, she reaches into her bag, pulling out a envelope, handing it to me.
   "This is from them."
"Beaulieu" it reads.
I grab the envelope from her. She looks up at the clock, then stands up. I stood up with her, watching her grab her bag, throwing it over her shoulder and fastening it.
   "I have to go. It was nice to chat with you. I love you so much B!" She pulls me in for a hug tightly. I squeezed her back harder before she pulled away and left. Quite now, my glance glares down at the envelope on the table feeling that terrible gut clenching feeling in the pit of my stomach. My first thought was calling Prince, but I knew I needed to take care of this by myself this time.